Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Memes: The 13th Sign by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting a book from my review stack. The 13th Sign by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb is a middle grade paranormal that I got for review from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. It will be released on Jan. 8, 2013. Here is the description:
What if there was a 13th zodiac sign?

You’re no longer Sagittarius, but Ophiuchus, the healer, the 13th sign.

Your personality has changed. So has your mom’s and your best friend’s.

What about the rest of the world?

What if you were the one who accidentally unlocked the 13th sign, causing this world-altering change, and infuriating the other 12 signs? 

Jalen did it, and now she must use every ounce of her strength and cunning to send the signs back where they belong. Lives, including her own, depend upon it.
Beginning:
Sagittarius: Your bubbly personality and effervescent style make you a shoe-in for "Most Likely to Be the Center of Attention at a Party. Straighten that tiara, flash those pearly whites, and dance for your admirers, superstar!"
Friday 56:
Ellie, Brennan, and I ran through several backyards to the bus stop. And the best luck we'd had yet fell on us. The men in the car didn't seem to follow. Then again, neither did Gemini.

5 comments:

  1. Another highly intriguing teaser! Sounds like a couple good reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this book sound fun. This is my first time participating in Book Beginnings for at least a half a year so I am just getting back into the swing of things. I hope you drop by and visit my blog, too.

    Anne@HeadFullofBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting concept for a book! Sounds like fun.

    Here is my Friday Post. If you'd like to take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a happy New Year! Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings and I hope you join in again in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Sagittarius definition fits my sister very well!

    Happy New Year!

    Shirley @ My Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!