Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stacking the YA Shelves (Dec. 2, 2012)


Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

These are the books I received over the past two weeks. I got a total of five new books for my stack.

Here are the print books I bought:
I heard so many good things about The Diviners by Libba Bray that I had to buy a copy for myself. No one mentions that it was almost 600 pages long!

I also bought Reached by Ally Condie because I enjoyed Matched and have Crossed sitting on my TBR mountain. Now I will have the whole series. 

I also added some books to my Kindle:
I bought Shadow's Edge by Maureen Lipinski because I have Cleopatra Ascending for review. I didn't know my review book was a sequel and feel I must read the first one before I read it. 

The Ivy by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur was free this week. I had a print copy but passed it along to my high school media center when it sat on my stack for a while. Now I will have a copy on my Kindle if I ever find a time to read it.

Finally, I received one review book this week from Amazon Vine.
I chose Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan because I was intrigued by this premise which seems to be combining historical fiction with magic and maybe even romance. 

I got a total of 23 new young adult books this month. Thirteen of them were books I received for review.

9 comments:

  1. OOoh interesting! I haven't heard of these but I hope you enjoy them!!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! No one mentions that the length of The Diviners b/c it doesn't feel like a long book! I gulped it down in one long summer's day of reading and still had room for more! Enjoy!

    brenda @ proseandkahn (couldn't log in as proseandkahn and had to use an inactive blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Diviners too and hope you enjoy it. I didn't notice how long the book was because it is a fast paced read and I read it on my Kindle. I have seen the print version at the library and it does look rather daunting.

    I got Reached from the library this week. I will probably end up buying it eventually. I am currently rereading Matched and then I will reread Crossed before I finally get to the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Diviners doesn't seem like 600 pages. It's pretty captivating, so goes really fast. Hope you enjoy all you books!My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll wait and see what you say about The Diviners by Libba Bray before picking it up... Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the diviners is supposed to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got The Diviners? Man wish I could see it in person. It must be huge.

    HERE is what I got.
    Zemira @ YA Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul! I'm looking forward to Reached, as I can't wait to see what happens next! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Diviners is pretty popular, but 600 pages? wow!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!