Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stacking the YA Shelves (Dec. 30, 2012)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

Here are the new books I got this week:

First, I hit the sales:
I bought Beastly by Alex Flinn for my Kindle this week because it was on sale. I have bought this book twice previously in print and ended up donating my copies to my high school media center when I never got around to reading the book. I am going to try a third time. I don't know what my hang-up is about this one. I love Beauty and the Beast and fairy take retellings but somehow this never makes it to the top of TBR mountain.

Speechless by Hannah Harrington has been on my radar for quite a while but I never could justify buying a hardcover book that might sit on TBR mountain for quite a while. Having a chance to get the ebook for $1.99 made it more reasonable. I do still have to find the time to read it though.

Second, I got these books for review:
Mind Games by Kiersten White has been one I have wanted to get my hands on for quite a while. When I saw it offered through the Amazon Vine program, I had to take advantage of it. It will be released on Feb. 19.

Project Paper Doll: The Rules by Stacey Kade caught my eye at NetGalley. I know the author's name but have never read anything by her. The book is scheduled for an April 23 release.

Finally, I bought:
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. This one is getting such good press and has shown up on so many "best" lists that I had to get a copy for myself. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

BTW - Congratulations to Christina who won the book of her choice from The Book Depository on my stop of the Mid-Winter's Eve Giveaway Hop.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I am reading Mind Games now myself. It's interesting so far. Hope you enjoy all your reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Beastly! The movie was really good too! Hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I see you got Beastly as well.
    I would love to get Mind Games as well, looks like a great read.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remind me that I'll need to get Speechless too!! Sometimes I tend to procrastinate when it comes to getting books because I know it'll sit there and rot for who-knows-how-long before I get through the TBR to it-- that's so frustrating!! :( But I love how Mind Games sound and I spy Code Name Verity on many lists too... Makes me super curious :D

    Anyway have a great reading year 2013!

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that Mind Games book! It sounds so good!
    Here's my post this week
    http://iloveteenbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/in-my-mailbox.html
    Greetings and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Code Name Verity has gotten such great reviews! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you found some great ebook deals. I haven't read Beastly but I really need to since I enjoyed the movie. Both Mind Games and The Rules look wonderful. Can't wait to read what you think about them!

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul! I've heard great things about Code Name Verity, and Mind Games is supposed to be pretty good too. Happy reading!

    My books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous new books!! I hope you love Mind Games and The Rules! I have a copy of Mind Games too and I can't wait to read it!! It sounds amazing!

    Happy holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I thought Mind Games sounded interesting, myself. And I'd love to read The Rules, I really enjoyed Stacey Kade's other books! Thanks for stopping by, and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasn't too into Beastly... it was sort of strange. I snatched up Speechless as well! Crazy Kindle sales over the holidays! And I also got Mind Games from Vine as well. I totally just forgot to include that in my post!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!