Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Shadow's Edge by Maureen Lipinski

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I am teasing Shadow's Edge by Maureen Lipinski. I missed this one when it was published in January 2012 but bought it recently because I recently got the sequel for review. Here is the description:
My magical life is dead to me now . . . This is my last chance at freedom.

Once, Leah Spencer didn’t mind being a natural-born Shaman to the Créatúir, a human helper to faeries, shapeshifters, and other magical beings. But that was before she listened to her friend Fiona and broke Rule #1, traveling unprepared to the Other Realm where she quickly lost a whole year of time. She missed out on everything—holidays, school, her sixteenth birthday, the boyfriend who ditched her. After that, Leah swore to leave all things magical behind and lead the life of a normal high school girl.

Now Fiona is missing, and something is killing off the Créatúir, both Light and Dark. As the Créatúir prepare to go to war, Leah is torn between her safe new life and solving the Other Realm murder spree. With the help of her three sisters (each with her own magical gift), and three gorgeous guys—who may or may not be part of the evil magic—Leah must vanquish an ancient dark force. Unless an unimaginable secret about her family destroys her first.
Teaser:
"What are you doing here?" she asked.

I glanced around quickly. "Sorry to stalk you, but I have to ask you something."

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, this sounds really good! I love fairies and anything magical! And I do sometimes stalk someone if I want to ask them something, it's a bad habit XD Hop on over if you have the time:
    My Teaser
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard of this book until today but it does sound interesting so thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what she has to ask her? And what a task lies ahead for her. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I haven't heard of this book. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha!! Nice!! Haven't heard of this one but it sounds great!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start to a conversation... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL... love the start of that conversation.

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol. Stalking, but have a question. LOL That was a good one!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it - wit, faeries, and magic. Sounds like my kind of read. Thank you for stopping by my TT. New Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser, it made me curious, I'll check out the book!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Have a nice week!

    Kar @ Pause Time

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!