Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WoW: Cleopatra Ascending by Maureen Lipinski


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!


Cleopatra Ascending by Maureen Lipinski will be released on Jan. 8, 2013. I am intrigued by the cover and the description of this book and can't wait to read it. Here is the description:
Sweet Sixteen = You're a Queen

Despite living with a shaman, a witch, and a muse for sisters, Rhea Spencer feels like a normal teenager-even if she is the reincarnation of Cleopatra. But all that changes on Rhea's sixteenth birthday, when her visions of the Egyptian queen start unraveling a very different version of history, and Declan, a hot representative of the secret Order of Antony, shows up on the doorstep to keep her from being kidnapped. Together, Rhea and Declan travel to Egypt to stop the Octavians, a dark cabal trying to tap into Rhea's growing powers. The cabal seeks to access the magic deep below the desert sands, a potentially devastating force that only Rhea can protect.
I was so interested that I asked for, and received, this book from NetGalley. I should be reading it soon. 

2 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! Think I've seen this somewhere before, probably in past WoWs! Nice pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds excellent! Definitely something that I would enjoy. My WoW. Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!