Sunday, January 20, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (Jan. 20, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

This week I added seven new books to my TBR mountain. I bought 3 and received 4 for review.

Purchased:
A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine was purchased for my Kindle this week. I have wanted it for quite a while. Who could resist a story about "a clever heroine, a dragon detective, and a shape-shifting ogre"? Not me.

Seeds of Discovery by Breanna Puttroff was free for the Kindle when I got it. Seeds of Discovery is Book One of the Dusk Gate Chronicles, a new Young Adult series that has been described by readers as "The Chronicles of Narnia meets Cinderella."

Altered by Jennifer Rush is a 2013 Debut Author book that seems to combine thriller with science fiction with dystopia. I can't wait to read it

Review Books:
I got Othermoon by Nina Berry from NetGalley. I read and enjoyed Otherkin and want to keep going with this series. I am a big fan of shapeshifters. This book will be released on January 29.

Crossfire by Laura Bradley Rede was sent to me by the author because I read and reviewed Darkride which was the first book in this series. This book was released on Jan. 14.
I have started to get the Spring and Summer crop of review books from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. I received Of Triton by Anna Banks. This sequel to Of Poseidon will be released on May 28.

I also received Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo this week. This sequel to Shadow and Bone will be released on June 4.

That was my haul for the week. What did you add to your shelves?

15 comments:

  1. OOh! Nice! Can't be too envious of Of Triton since I still need to read the first book, but I am really looking forward to it!

    Nice haul!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Siege and Storm! I'm jealous....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you've got a good haul there. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to get Of Triton by Anna Banks and Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo but I have to read first books first. Great haul, enjoy your reading!
    Thanks for stopping by :)



    ReplyDelete
  5. Altered is a lot of fun. It's very fast-paced and hard to put down. I didn't love it, but I am really glad I read it.

    I love the cover for Of Triton, but I really didn't like Of Poseidon, so I doubt I will read it.

    Enjoy your goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Altered looks really interesting. I still haven't read Shadow and Bone though I heard a lot of positive things about it. Hope you enjoy the sequel and your other new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cover for Of Triton. It's just so awesome! I really need to get my hands on Of Poseidon so I can read that one too! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week. I really enjoyed Altered and I can't wait to read Of Triton and Siege and Storm. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my SP & STS. You've got some really good books this week. Altered is on my TBR list. Hope you enjoy your books!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read Siege & Storm as well (I messed up and put the first book on my Media Mail). I must have been too excited to think straight!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited over Siege and Storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul!
    I can't wait to read Altered and of Triton.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome haul!! So many great books! Have fun reading!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!