Sunday, January 6, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (Jan. 6, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I have to admit I went a little crazy this week adding books to my TBR mountain. Here is what I got:
I got two books from NetGalley for review. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black is a Feb. 12 release and is part of the Triple Threat Blog Tour. Sketchy by Olivia Samms will be released on April 30.
  • Prophecy by Ellen Oh is the first official 2013 Debut Author book I bought.
  • A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel by Madeleine L'Engle completes my collection of versions of this favorite story.
  • Magic of the Moonlight by Ellen Schreiber is a werewolf story that I missed somehow when it was published and is the second book in a trilogy that is ending in 2013.

  • Huntress by Malinda Lo was another one that I didn't buy on publication but still wanted. When I saw that Amazon had it on Clearance, I had to get a copy.
  • Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally was a steal for my Kindle this week. I enjoyed Catching Jordan and wanted to read this one too.
  • Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl was and Kindle buy this week. I like fairy tales and fairy tale retellings and haven't read this older title. 

  • The Essence by Kimberley Derting was released this week and had to be added to my stack. I really liked The Pledge and want to know what happens next.
  • Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff seemed interesting to me since I first heard about it. I decided I really needed a copy.
  • I hadn't heard about Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill until I was reading someone's Best of post. It sounded like a story I would really enjoy.

Finally, I added The Calling and The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong to my Kindle. I have read the books already but donated my copies to my high school media center. Kindle copies with keep them convenient for re-reading without taking up shelf space.

What did you add to your shelf this week?

8 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I remember reading Goose Chase years ago! I can't remember much about it though, been too long and wayyyyy too many books ago!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in what you think about Stormdancer. Seems like people either love it or hate it. Makes me want to read it. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks like you got so many great books! I am really curious about the Wrinkle in Time graphic novel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors! I love Ellen Schreiber too. Stealing Parker is great as well. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prophecy sounds really good. I haven't heard much about it yet but I've been seeing it around a lot lately. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    A Wrinkle In Time sounds interesting and I'll be looking for it on Amazon.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

  7. I love a Wrinkle in Time --Mrs. WhatsIt ! :) I have been trying to read through the whole series. Good stuff! And I think I would really enjoy Stealing Parker. I am a sucker for guys who play baseball.


    Thanks for dropping by my site earlier. Happy reading!
    jenn @ blog about books

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a lot of great reads. I still need to read the Gathering. I read the first book in the series by Ellen Schreiber and really enjoyed it. I think Dance of Shadows looks really good. It's okay to go crazy on books once in a while...or maybe more than once. Hehe

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!