Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from one of my recent Amazon Vine picks. Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan attracted me because of its mix of genres. It is historical fiction. It has magic. Here is the description:
Opening-night jitters are nothing new for seventeen-year-old Phil and her sister Fee, who come from a centuries-old line of stage illusionists. The girls love to dazzle London audiences, but in the aftermath of the Blitz they’re shipped off to the countryside, away from the bombs and Nazis. Phil, however, wants to fight for her country, and when she stumbles upon a hidden college of real magicians led by the devastatingly handsome Arden, all she wants to do is persuade them to help England win the war. She’ll risk anything to give her country a fighting chance, even if it means losing her heart ...or her life.
Teaser:
"Is he dangerous?"

"He says he is. He only handcuffs himself on the bad days, though. Sometimes he's almost normal." 

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice tease! Curious about that "sometimes"!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Happy New Year!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser... .made me smile as I was thoroughly teased!
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!