Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Last Station Master by S. A. M. Posey

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from The Last Station Master: A Boy, A Terrorist, A Secret, and Trouble by S.A.M. Posey. I received this middle grade ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Here is the description:
On his grandparents remote North Carolina farm for the summer, Nate discovers there's more happening on the rambling property than anyone realizes. To stop a terrorist's plot and prevent a military disaster, he must unravel the clues around him and use what he learns about the farm, the Underground Railroad, and the lost secrets of an old ghost to become the Last Station Master.
Teaser:
He opened the door to Hannah and her grandparents, wondering if feeling goofy every time he saw her would last much longer. The feeling made him awkward when he wanted to be cool.
This book will be released on Feb. 1 and sounds like it will be an exciting story.

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. this sounds like a cool read. I will lurk around your blog for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tease! Realistic too, with the feeling "awkward."

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Very cute teaser. Sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's throwing me off that this is a MG book because the cover looks like an adult suspense/mystery book. I wish that the cover fit the genre a bit more.

    Nichole
    yareads.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting, good teaser! Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You hope it goes away while also wishing it lasts forever. Excellent tease! Here is my TT. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful teaser. I'm curious about this book now. Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!