Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WoW: Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger



Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!


Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger is beyond a doubt the book I am most eager for in 2013. It seems like I have been hearing about it forever. I loved her adult series of historical paranormals and can't wait to read this one. Here is the description:
It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to Finishing School.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is a great trial to her poor mother. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper manners--and the family can only hope that company never sees her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. So she enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality. 

But Sophronia soon realizes the school is not quite what her mother might have hoped. At Mademoiselle Geraldine's, young ladies learn to finish...everything. Certainly, they learn the fine arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but the also learn to deal out death, diversion, and espionage--in the politest possible ways, of course. Sophronia and her friends are in for a rousing first year's education.

Set in the same world as the Parasol Protectorate, this YA series debut is filled with all the saucy adventure and droll humor Gail's legions of fans have come to adore. 
I will finally get to read this book on Feb. 5.

6 comments:

  1. Omg this one looks SOOO good! I absolutely love the title - it's so funny. The summery sounds awesome, and I can't WAIT for this book to come out! Awesome pick!!!! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this one on another blog! I've had my eye on it. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice! Read this one awhile back and it was pretty cool! Liked seeing some of the beloved characters in their younger days!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

  4. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES YES YES for this! Love the synopsis, plus the cover is great! I seriously cant wait for this one! Great pick! :)

    My Goals for 2013
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds amazing! It was my pick this week too. I hope it doesn't disappoint!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!