Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WoW: Override by Heather Anastasiu

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!

I am wearing my Glitch t-shirt as I write this post and longing for Override by Heather Anastasiu. My wait will be over on Feb. 12. Here is the description:
Zoe is free. She has escaped the enslavement of the Community, disconnected from the hardware that had controlled her every thought and emotion, and evaded capture by the Chancellor intent on killing her. She is finally free, but she is far from safe.

Zoe and Adrien hide themselves from detection at the Foundation, an academy that trains teen glitchers to fight in the Resistance movement. Together, Zoe and her new team of superhuman fighters must risk their lives to rescue other glitchers and humans from the Chancellor's control. Challenges abound at every turn, and Adrien, who has become silent, distant, and tormented by his visions of the future, only adds to the growing certainty of defeat. But worst of all, as Zoe's team fights against impossible odds, distrust and betrayal leads to the terrible discovery that their greatest threat could already be lurking behind the safe walls of the Foundation.

Full of high-adrenaline action and shocking twists, Heather Anastasiu's Override is an exciting continuation of this popular young adult trilogy.
I can't wait to read this one.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read GLITCH yet, but have heard great things. I love the cover for the sequel and it sounds like it'll be an exciting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a new book for me, thanks for pointing it out this week.

    Stop by to see my pick if you have a chance... My Waiting on Wednesday Pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Never did read the first one but these covers are truly awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to say you picked out an interesting book for this week. Hope you enjoy it! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!