Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WoW: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for. I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist though. Be warned!


One of the books I am most anticipating this year is Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. I really loved Cinder and can't wait to read this sequel. Here is the description:
Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. 

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.  
I'll be watching my mailbox on Feb. 5. What book are you most anticipating this year?

13 comments:

  1. I'm certainly waiting on this one as well. Great pick! Here is my WoW. Old Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh niec!! I still need to read Cinder, but I did finally buy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Scarlet! Cinder was awesome (:

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Cinder yet, but I really have to get around to it soon. It looks great.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved Cinder and I can't wait to meet Wolf. :) Great choice and thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I really liked Cinder and can't wait to see what happens in Scarlet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Cinder yet but it's at the top of my 2012 tbr catch up list. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW If you'd like to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Cinder yet, but both of them look so incredible. I can't wait to get my hands on them.

    Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW is here

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing this one around a lot.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Cinder so much too! Scarlet can not get here soon enough!
    Check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unfortunatly i haven't read Cinder yet :( I will put it on my TBR list.

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard a lot about Marr but haven't read her yet.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for this one!
    Awesome pick!
    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!