Monday, February 4, 2013

Book Blogger Confessions: Share the Love (Feb. 4, 2013)

Book Blogger Confessions is a meme that posts the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, where book bloggers "confess" and vent about blogging/bookish topics. Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions. It is hosted by Karen at For What It's Worth and Pam from Midnyte Reader

This week's question is: Share the love! In honor of Valentines Day, tell us about a few of the bloggers (and/or) authors you love.


Wow! I don't know where to start with authors I love. 


I have enduring love for adult authors Lois McMaster Bujold and Sharon Lee and Steve Miller who each write wonderful, character-driven science fiction and Nora Roberts who writes amazing romances. I have an enduring love for Tamora Pierce's young adult books with her strong, capable females and exciting stories too. Their books are always on my "must buy" list. Those are also authors who write books that I can read over and over again with pleasure. They write characters and stories that make me wish I could live in the books and know those people. I am lucky that they are all still alive and writing.


Some favorite authors who are no longer with us but who are still beloved include Dick Francis who wrote wonderful mysteries and Robert A. Heinlein who wrote thought provoking science fiction. I really wish Gordon Dickson was still alive and writing more about the Dorsai too.


There are also some authors that I have a crush on which I think will develop into a more lasting love as they write more books. Julie Kagawa has written books about the Iron Fey that drew me into the world she created and made me eager to read more. Marissa Meyer blew me away with Cinder and I can't wait to see where her career goes. I feel the same way about Rachel Hartman (Seraphina) and Robin LaFevers (Grave Mercy) too. I am eager to follow their careers.


I'm sure that there are more authors that I could list but these are the ones that first came to mind when I saw the question. And, being a rather fickle reader, I may have a new crush tomorrow. What about you? Are there authors you love?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by and visiting. I think Gone Girl by gillian Flynn, which I read first is the best story. I would then rate them as Dark Places next and then Sharp Objects as my least favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great list of authors. I loved Grave Mercy and LaFevers writing. Another author that I just remembered is Laura Bickle. I was a big fan of her debut YA novel, The Hallowed Ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some amazing authors. I love Julie and LaFevers too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!