Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Memes: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week the ARC of Scarlet by Marissa Miles has finally made it to the top of my review stack. I have been wanting to read it ever since I finished Cinder and really wanting to read it since it appeared in my mailbox on October 9. It will be released on February 5. Here is the description:
Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner. 
Beginning:
Scarlet was descending toward the alley behind the Rieux Tavern when her portsreen chimed from the passenger seat, followed by an automated voice: "Comm received for Mademoiselle Scarlet Benoit from the Toulouse Law Enforcement Department of Missing Persons."
Friday 56:
"Is it just me, or is this a big moment in our relationship?"

Cinder scoffed. Turning away, she pointed at a grate near the ceiling. 

7 comments:

  1. Just finished it. Loved it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to read Cinder eventually, and then I'll read Scarlet. Although this isn't my usual genre, these books sound fascinating, especially after read your post.
    Today I'm featuring LOVE AND SLEEPLESS NIGHTS on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Cinder.
    I won it last January, but the bad blogger still can't afford to send it to me apparently. I doubt I'll ever see it unless I break down and buy a copy. Which I probably will.... lol....
    The more books come out in the series, the more I want to get on reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to get ahold of a copy of Scarlet. Loved Cinder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 56! Wondering if it is THE big moment. :-) Here's my Friday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read this...thanks.

    Mine is in the link below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  7. like Sandy, have not read books in this genre but this series has been popping up everywhere so much that i do want to.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!