Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (Feb. 17, 2012)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

Here are the books that followed me home this week. The first four books are Kindle Daily Deals that happen to be books that I have already read but I wanted to own a Kindle copy.
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross - I read the eARC and never got a finished copy.

Lament by Maggie Stiefvater - I have an autographed copy on my shelf but wanted the convenience of having a copy on my Kindle.
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - I just read an ARC of this one and thought it was very good.

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen - I read the ARC but never got a finished copy.
I got my print copy of The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead this week too. 

Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale was another Kindle Daily Deal but I haven't read this one. 
I bought a Kindle copy of I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter because I have never read it. It was brought to my attention again when I read Double Crossed by Ally Carter.

Override by Heather Anastasiu was my other print purchase this week. 
I bought The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen for my Kindle after I read a review. I thought it sounded good and couldn't pass up the $.99 price.

The received The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston for review from Hyperion Books via NetGalley.

What did you add to your stack this week?

9 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing lots of Indigo Spells! Loved The Girl in the Steel Corset! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent bunch of books. You reminded me that I have Lament deep in the tbr pile and should pull it out while I wait for The Dream Thieves.

    brenda (proseandkahn)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have most of the books on my TBR shelf. Although the princess academy was awesome. I am sure you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for The Girl in the Steel Corset is stunning! I read I'd Tell You I Love You a few months back, it was a great book. ^.^ As for The Rules For Disappearing, I've been wanting to get my hands on it for months - you're so lucky! :)
    ^.^ Thanks for sharing, also; thanks for stopping by my STS post. :3
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Indigo Spell too and hope it is great!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I can't wait to read The Indigo Spell! I have heard such good things about Grave Mercy that I think I am going to have to give in and read it.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some really good books this week Kathy. Do you like having kindle copies, I actually prefer the hard copy. I'm waiting for my copy of The Indigo Spell to arrive from TBD, hopefully tomorrow. And I'd like to read Overdrive too. I applied on NG weeks ago but have gotten no response. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Indigo Spell.... can't wait for the fiery Heart now!!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeep great haul!

    I have Lament but I haven't read it and The Girl in the Steel Corset seems good as it's steampunk.

    I really want to read Princess Acadmey!

    AND THE INDIGO SPELL IS AMAZING. SYDRIAN FEELS!

    The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden I've heard is amazing too. I started reading it a bit but it was so depressing and similar to other stuff I'd been reading at the time I stopped.

    I hope you enjoy all your books. Thanks for stopping by my STS too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!