Monday, February 25, 2013

State of the Stack (Feb. 25, 2013)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

I keep a spreadsheet listing all of my review books. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


My Physical Review Pile

Here are my stacks of physical review copies.
Adult Books:

  1. The Spanish Revenge by Allan Topol (Meryl L. Moss Media Relations; Sept. 1, 2012)
  2. Buried by Kendra Elliot (Author; March 26)
  3. Three Sisters by Susan Mallery (Meryl L. Moss Media Relations; March 28 blog tour date)

YA Books:

  1. 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma (Amazon Vine; March 21)
  2. Finn Finnegan by Darby Karchut (author and Spencer Hill Press; blog tour date March 6)
  3. Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson (Macmillan; March 19)
  4. Soldier Dog by Sam Angus (Macmillan; April 16)
  5. Furious by Jill Wolfson (Macmillan; April 16)
  6. One + One = Blue by M. J. Auch (Macmillan; April 30)
  7. Monument 14: Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne (Macmillan; May 28)
  8. Of Triton by Anna Banks (Macmillan; May 28)
  9. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (Macmillan; June 4)
  10. Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox (Macmillan; June 11)
  11. Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner (Macmillan; June 25)
  12. The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry (Macmillan; June 11)
  13. My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush by Laura Toffler-Corrie (Macmillan; August 20)
Not pictured:
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (YA; Amazon Vine; Jan. 29)
Pivot Point by Kasie West (YA; Amazon Vine; Feb. 12)
Unremembered by Jessica Brody (YA; Macmillan; March 5)


My Kindle Review Pile

I noticed that something new seemed to happen this month. I have been getting emails from publishers inviting me to go to NetGalley to get their books for review. This month Minotaur Press and St. Martin's Press sent me review opportunities this way. 

Also, Amazon Publishing has started a new program called Whispercast where they send e-galleys to my Kindle. I will be receiving review books from 47North, Montlake Romance and Amazon Children's Publishing.

Here is what is on my Kindle stack in order of publication date. 

Retrieved by Amber Polo (sent from author and published 11/30/2012)
Hysteria by Megan Miranda (NetGalley; released on Feb. 5 but I'm on the blog tour for March 14)
The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen (NetGalley and March 1 release)
Seven Kinds of Hell by Dana Cameron (Adult; Kindle book by invitation from Amazon Publishing; March 12)
Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman (Adult; NetGalley via Minotaur Books; March 12)
Poison by Bridget Zinn (YA; NetGalley; March 12)
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson (YA; NetGalley; March 12)
Crossfire by Laura Bradley Rede (received from author; Released on Jan. 12, 2013; I said I'd try to fit it in sometime in March but now it looks like it will be moving to April)
Six Years by Harlan Coben (Adult; NetGalley via Dutton; March 19)
If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch (YA; NetGalley; March 26)
The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig (Adult; NetGalley via St. Martin's Press; April 9)
The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe (YA; NetGalley; April 9)
Project Paper Doll: The Rules by Stacey Kade (YA; NetGalley; April 23)
manicpixiedreamgirl by Tom Leveen (YA; NetGalley; April 23)
Battleship: A Daring Heiress, A Teenage Jockey, and America's Horse by Dorothy Ours (Adult Nonfiction; NetGalley via St. Martin's Press; April 30)
Headed for Trouble by Suzanne Brockmann (Adult; NetGalley; April 30)
Sketchy by Olivia Samms (YA; NetGalley; April 30)
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (YA; NetGalley; April 30)
The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston (YA; NetGalley; May 21)
The Last Girl by Jane Casey (Adult; NetGalley via Minotaur Books; May 24)
The Caretaker by A. X. Ahmad (Adult; NetGalley via Minotaur Books; May 21)
Bare It All by Lori Foster (Adult; NetGalley for Media Muscle Tour; April 30)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.

  1. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  2. The Buckhorn Legacy by Lori Foster
  3. Hattie Ever After by Kirby Larson
  4. Die for Me by Cynthia Eden
  5. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
  6. Til the World Ends by Julie Kagawa, Ann Auguirre, and Karen Duvall
  7. Lycan Unleashed by Tiffany Allee
  8. Double Crossed by Ally Condie
  9. Stone Cold Revenge by Jess Macallan
  10. Mind Games by Kiersten White
  11. Released by Amber Polo
  12. Dualed by Elsie Chapman

I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.

  1. Die for Me: A Novel of the Valentine Killer by Cynthia Eden (1/31: February 12)
  2. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (1/31; January 29)
  3. The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen (2/4; March 1)
  4. Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner (2/4; June 25)
  5. Three Sisters by Susan Mallery (2/4; March 28 review date)
  6. My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush by Laura Toffler-Corrie (2/7; August 20)
  7. The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry (2/7; June 11)
  8. 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma (2/7; March 21)
  9. The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig (2/8; April 9)
  10. Battleship: A Daring Heiress, A Teenage Jockey, and America's Horse by Dorothy Ours (2/8; April 30)
  11. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston (2/10; May 14)
  12. Seven Kinds of Hell by Dana Cameron (2/15; March 12)
  13. The Eternity Code by Julie Kagawa (2/17; May 1)
  14. Six Years by Harlan Coben (2/20; March 19)
  15. Bare It All by Lori Foster (2/21; April 30)
  16. The Last Girl by Jane Casey (2/23; May 21)

I Am Currently Reading

I have been having a hard time picking my next book. I have read a few pages of The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen (6% while I was out to dinner), The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (61 pages a week ago) and Unremembered by Jessica Brody (17 pages before bedtime last night). I think I will be continuing Unremembered first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!