Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Also Known As by Robin Benway

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week my teaser comes from Also Known As by Robin Benway. I got this eARC from Walker Childrens via NetGalley. Here is the description:
Being a 16-year-old safecracker and active-duty daughter of international spies has its moments, good and bad. Pros: Seeing the world one crime-solving adventure at a time. Having parents with super cool jobs. Cons: Never staying in one place long enough to have friends or a boyfriend. But for Maggie Silver, the biggest perk of all has been avoiding high school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations.

Then Maggie and her parents are sent to New York for her first solo assignment, and all of that changes. She'll need to attend a private school, avoid the temptation to hack the school's security system, and befriend one aggravatingly cute Jesse Oliver to gain the essential information she needs to crack the case . . . all while trying not to blow her cover.
Teaser:
I cracked my first lock when I was three.

9 comments:

  1. Yep, that'll tease a camel from water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting one - she certainly started young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pre-ordered this one and can't wait to read it! Thanks for the tease and for coming by my new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! another spy novel that looks pretty interesting!
    thanks for sharing!
    my teaser tuesday- http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveee spy books. Great teaser!

    - Nyx @ Unraveling Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for sharing!

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this in my TBR-pile! Though no surprise, what book isn't in my TBR- pile..! :D
    Can't wait to read this!

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!