Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Memes: 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma. I got an ARC of this mystery through the Amazon Vine program. Here is the description:
Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common—they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And . . . is she next? As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel, and when a brush with death lands her in the hospital, a shocking truth emerges, changing everything.
Beginning:
Girls go missing every day. They slip out of bedroom windows and into strange cars. They leave good-bye notes or don't get a chance to tell anyone. 
Friday 56:
I watched him move away from my hand, shrink back and retreat. It felt like witnessing something die between us, a stop-animation visual of of a rotting and shriveling thing turning to particles of gray dust, then the wind lifting that dust up until there was nothing. I knew I should care.

2 comments:

  1. Very good beginning and 56!

    Here's my Friday Meme Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really intriguing read!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!