Sunday, March 31, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (March 31, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I added eight books to my TBR mountain this week. Most of them were ebooks which saves space on my crowded TBR shelves.

Review Books:
When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears by Kersten Hamilton came due to an author request. Kersten emailed me and asked if I would be willing to read this one as I had read and reviewed the first two books in this trilogy. I agreed because I want to know how the story ends. I received a link to NetGalley but was sort of disappointed to find that I could only get an Adobe Digital Editions version of the book. It won't be released until August 6 so I'll probably have to download this one a couple more times when it comes close to expiring.

I also got Dare You To by Katie McGarry from NetGalley this week. I loved Pushing the Limits and can't wait to read this one. It will be released on May 28.

Taken by Erin Bowman was an Amazon Vine pick. I have heard good things about this debut author's dystopia and I wanted to read it for myself. This book will be released on April 16.

Kindle Daily Deals:
Crossing by Andrew Fukuda sounded like an interesting mystery. I was also interested because the main character is not typical. 

I hadn't heard of Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker before I saw it as a daily deal. I liked the blurb even though I don't read very many contemporary love stories or read the authors this author is supposed to write like.
The Wide-Awake Princess by E. D. Baker has been on my wishlist for a while. I couldn't pass it up when it showed up as a daily deal. I like fairy tales and stories based on fairy tales. 

See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles is a book I had heard of and been curious about. I got this one because I am trying to read more contemporary fiction. 

Bought:
When I saw that the last book in Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series was coming out soon, I checked my shelves and realized that I was one book behind. I bought Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent so that I could get caught up. 

What did you get this week?

12 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Before I Wake was awesome!! As was the last one!

    Seeing Taken a lot lately! Hope you enjoy all your reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! I love the cover for Taken. Enjoy!

    Melody @ Adventures in Bookland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I'm looking forward to Taken a lot. Dare You To looks amazing. Great haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got Dare You To and Taken! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Dare You To myself and I heard Taken was awesome. Just look at both of their gorgeous covers!
    I really have to read Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series, especially since the last book already came out. Her adult book Blood Bound just amazed me so much.
    P.S. You should definitely read I Hunt Killers.
    Thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Unbreakable My Heart, I hope you enjoy it. I have Taken on my wish list, I hope it's as good as it sounds.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh love the cover for Taken... great YA books this week! I've also been meaning to check out the Soul Screamer's series too....

    Thanks again for stopping by

    Michele | StS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

    Nice haul(: The wide awake princess looks cute.

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, Dare You To - I got that one this week as well! I got Taken about a month ago, and have yet to read it. I hope you enjoy all of your books! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, Taken!! That's on my Wishlist!! I'm a huge fan of dystopia. The Souls Screamers series is on my TBR pile as well.

    I really need to read Pushing the Limits. Everyone loves it!

    Hope you enjoy all your goodies, and thanks for stopping by!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2013/03/stacking-shelves-march-31-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so lucky to get Taken!! I'm going to have to wait til it's release although not long now! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been really curious about Taken! Hope it and all your other new finds are great!

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!