Sunday, March 31, 2013

State of the Stack (March 31, 2013)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


My Physical Review Pile

I put these in order by publication date this month.
Still Waiting 
The Spanish Revenge by Allan Topol
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Evidence of Life by Barbara Taylor Sissel (Blog Tour on April 23)

April Releases
Taken by Erin Bowman
Wicked Cravings by Suzanne Wright
Soldier Dog by Sam Angus
Furious by Jill Wolfson
The Mystery Woman by Amanda Quick
Behind the Lies by Robin Perini
An Affair of Deceit by Jamie Michele
One + One = Blue by M. J. Auch

May Releases
Monument 14: Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne
Of Triton by Anna Banks

June Releases
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox
Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner

July Releases
Famous Last Words by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

August Releases
Dark Waters by Toni Anderson
My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush by Laura Toffler-Corrie


My Kindle Review Pile

Here are the books on my Kindle or computer that are waiting for review. I have listed them in the order that they will be (or were) published.
Sharp by Alex Hughes (April 2 publication but April 18 Blog Tour date)
The Rules by Stacey Kade (April 23)
manicpixiedreamgirl by Tom Leveen (April 23)
Bare It All by Lori Foster (April 30 publication but May 13 Blog Tour date)
Battleship by Dorothy Ours (April 30)
Headed for Trouble by Suzanne Brockmann (April 30)
Sketchy by Olivia Samms (April 30)
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (April 30)
Cuts Through Bone by Alaric Hunt (May 14)
The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston (May 14)
The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross (May 21)
The Last Girl by Jane Casey (May 21)
The Caretaker by A. X. Ahmad (May 21)
Dare You To by Katie McGarry (May 28)
Aberration by Lisa Regan (June 6)
When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears by Kersten Hamilton (August 6)
Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear (August 8)
The Deepest Night by Shana Abé (August 13)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Unremembered by Jessica Brody
  2. The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen
  3. Finn Finnegan by Darby Karchut
  4. Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
  5. Seven Kinds of Hell by Dana Cameron
  6. Poison by Bridget Zinn
  7. The Best Man by Kristan Higgins
  8. Hysteria by Megan Miranda
  9. Six Years by Harlan Coben
  10. Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson
  11. Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman
  12. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
  13. Buried: A Bone Secrets Novel by Kendra Elliot
  14. If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
  15. Three Sisters by Susan Mallery
  16. Pivot Point by Kasie West
  17. Always on My Mind by Bella Andre (April 4)
  18. 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma
  19. Crossfire: The Darkride Chronicles by Laura Bradley Rede (April 4)
  20. The Ashford Affair by Lauren Willig (April 6)
  21. The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abé (April 6)
  22. Prophet of Bones by Ted Kosmatka (April 10)
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.
  1. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza (Amazon Vine; 2/28; March 12)
  2. Behind the Lies by Robin Perini (Amazon Vine; 2/28; April 23)
  3. Aberration by Lisa Regan (Author; 2/28; June 6)
  4. Always on My Mind by Bella Andre (Publicist; 3/2; March 5)
  5. The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross (NetGalley; 3/3; May 21)
  6. Famous Last Words by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski (Macmillan; 3/5; July 2)
  7. Evidence of Life by Barbara Taylor Sissel (Blog Tour; 3/5; April 23 post date)
  8. An Affair of Deceit by Jamie Michele (Amazon Vine; 3/8; April 30)
  9. Wicked Cravings by Suzanne Wright (Amazon Vine; 3/8; April 16)
  10. Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear (NetGalley; 3/17; August 8)
  11. The Deepest Night by Shana Abe (NetGalley; 3/18; August 13)
  12. Prophet of Bones by Ted Kosmatka (Publicist; 3/18; March 26)
  13. Cuts Through Bone by Alaric Hunt (Minotaur Books; 3/22; May 14)
  14. When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (Author; 3/22; August 6)
  15. Dare You To by Katie McGarry (NetGalley; 3/25; May 28)
  16. Taken by Erin Bowman (Amazon Vine; 3/27; April 16)
  17. Dark Waters by Toni Anderson (Amazon Vine; 3/27; August 6)
  18. The Mystery Woman by Amanda Quick (LibraryThing; 3/27; April 23)
  19. Sharp: A Mindspace Investigations Novel by Alex Hughes (Blog tour; 3/27; April 2)
On the Calendar for the Next Couple Weeks


Sharp by Alex Hughes
Wicked Cravings by Suzanne Wright
 The Mystery Woman by Amanda Quick
Taken by Erin Bowman
Soldier Dog by Sam Angus 
Furious by Jill Wolfson

How are you doing with your review stack?

1 comment:

  1. Some great titles in your review stacks!
    I hope you enjoy them!

    Have a great reading week
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!