Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza. I received my ARC through the Amazon Vine program. The book was released on March 12. I chose it for two reasons: 1) it is science fiction and 2) it is set in Minnesota. It is also Debra Driza's debut novel. Here is the description:
Mila was living with her mother in a small Minnesota town when she discovered she was also living a lie. 

She was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was never supposed to remember the past.

Now she has no choice but to run--from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much, and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. 

Evading her enemies won't help Mila escape the cruel reality of what she is and cope with everything she has had to leave behind. However, what she's becoming is beyond anyone's imagination, including her own, and that just might save her life. 

A compulsively readable sci-fi thriller, Mila 2.0 is Debra Driza's bold debut and the first book in an action-filled, Bourne Identity-style trilogy.
Teaser:
All three of us stared at my arm. And stared. And stared. It was like none of us could believe what we were seeing. 

22 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is a great teaser! I want to read this book SO BAD. My sister bought it last weekend and I keep thinking about borrowing it from her. Maybe I will. SOON. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Teaser! I remember that quote in the book. It was a unique story. I am looking forward to the next book. Hope you enjoy Mila 2.0. Thanks for stopping by my TT

    http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teaser! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intriguing. Thanks for stopping by my teaser.
    jess@FueledbyFiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great. Hope you enjoy it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds great. Hope you enjoy it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that's a great teaser! This one is going on my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, good one! I wanted to read this, but I keep seeing some not-so-good reviews lately, so I'm a little hesitant. What do you think of it so far? I'm still keeping an open mind...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a prelude novella for this book, but want to get a copy of this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man! That is officially a tease! Wonder what's going on?!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this teaser! I read the first few chapters of this which were released with the short story Origins: The Fire and I think this was where it left off. I totally need to get my hands on a copy so I can read the rest! Thanks so much for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is she seeing what is she seeing?!?!?! Ah need this book now!! Awesome teaser! I hope you enjoy the book and thank you for sharing the great teaser!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good teaser here, definitely makes me wonder what's wrong with the arm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been curious about this book - Nice Tease! Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!
    http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is supposed to be pretty good. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh...that a good pick for the teaser...this sounds like a compelling read!

    Thanks for stopping my teaser!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great teaser! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's on her arm?!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Intriguing teaser! Mila 2.0 is sitting on my TBR as well. Hope, you enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by our blog yesterday!

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahhh have this one on my TBR list! *intrigued* Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great teaser, will have to check this book out!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog
    ~ Fantasy Book Chick

    ReplyDelete
  22. This cover is so cool! Nice teaser. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!