Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Memes: The Rules by Stacey Kade

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week The Rules (Project Paper Doll) by Stacey Kade has made it to the top of my review stack. I got this eARC from Disney-Hyperion via NetGalley. Here is the description:
1. Never trust anyone.

2. Remember they are always searching.

3. Don't get involved.

4. Keep your head down.

5. Don't fall in love.

Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane's survival--and that of her adoptive father--depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans, to hide in plain sight from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) "project."

But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief's son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening--and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules.
This quotes are from an eARC and are subject to change in the final printed edition.

Beginning:
I have a dead girl's name. Technically, I suppose I have a dead girl's life. Either way, I've had them both now longer than she did, so I guess they're mine,
Friday 56:
My right shoulder blade held a tattoo of the GTX logo, a big stylized G, and my project designation GTX-F-107, just beneath it in crude lettering. I wore a bandage over it to keep anyone from seeing it, but I still had to look at it in the mirror every day when I applied a new bandage. And the sight never failed to make me feel sick and so very angry.
This book will be released on April 23.

4 comments:

  1. Love the cover, then both snippets pulled me in, though the beginning is a little more powerful this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have fused the two memes and think we may just have to do that. Your post is beautiful and the story sounds so interesting. See you next week!

    We have our Book Beginnings post up over on Harlie's Books. Come on by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beginning. And it sounds like a very intriguing story--the combination of human and alien DNA.

    Here's my Friday Post.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!