Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Memes: Sketchy by Olivia Samms

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting an intriguing mystery I got from NetGalley—Sketchy by Olivia Samms. Here is the description:
Bea's life has been a mess ever since she got kicked out of private school and sent to rehab. Now clean, Bea is starting over at Packard High School, in a city shaken from two assaults on young women. The latest victim, Willa Pressman-the one who survived-doesn't remember a thing. But Bea has a disturbing new "skill": she can see-and then draw-images from other people's minds. And when she looks at Willa, Bea is shocked by what she sketches. Bea might be the only one who knows Willa's secrets-and who can take down the killer before he strikes again.
Beginning:
It was the pom-pom the boys spotted first. The metallic strands were tangled around a batch of tall cattails.
Friday 56:
I sit up a little straighter and "pen" my hair back up. After going through a rehab detox, this is nothing. They can't hurt me. Nothing, no one can.
Sketchy will be released on April 30. Does it sound like something you will be adding to your wishlist?

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, this one sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heey
    I love the cover! And the quotes sound both a little sad and strange XD Cattails and pompoms? Thanks for sharing :) I'm an old follower! Hop on over if you have the time!

    My Friday Post

    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beginning sounds like they've found a body. Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, creepy premise -- sounds exciting!

    Thanks for playing along with Book Beginnings on Fridays.

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has a nice mysterious beginning and premise.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!