Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (April 21, 2013)


Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

Here is what I got this past week.
Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir - I read and enjoyed Timeless. When I saw this sequel, I had to get it. 

I have been waiting for the paperback copy of Legend by Marie Lu. In fact, I ordered it in January as part of a buy 3, get 4 deal. 
Breath by Jackie Morse Kessler was also part of the buy 3, get 4 deal. I have been eager for Death's story ever since I began reading this series. 

I have been interesting in Defiance by C. J. Redwine since it came out but could never fit it into my schedule around review books. When I saw that it was a Kindle Daily Deal this week, I had to get it even though I still don't know when I'll have a chance to read it. 

I have also been reading biographies of scientists this week to support a unit I am teaching my fifth graders. I borrowed these two from my Elementary Media Center.
Leonardo da Vinci by Kathleen Krull and Isaac Newton by Kathleen Krull.

After reading them I had to buy the rest of the Giants of Science series. These two arrived this week.
Charles Darwin by Kathleen Krull and Albert Einstein by Kathleen Krull. I am eager to read them while I wait for Marie Curie to arrive. 

What did you get this week?

13 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Only one I read here was Defiance and it wasn't really the read for me. Hope you enjoy it more than I could. And enjoy all your other reads too!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read Legend yet? If you haven't, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
    Steph at The Fake Steph Dot Com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Defiance has such a pretty cover. I really loved Legend, so I hope you will like it as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Defiance and have yet to read Legend. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! Legend is such an awesome book. Thanks for stopping by. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting and very different selection of books.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Legend, but I haven't read it yet. The books about scientists looks really cool :) Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got some great ones! I hope you love reading them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh you have some good reads this week! I really enjoyed Defiance, and Legend is awesome too! Great Dystopians :)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I've been wanting to read Legend! That Giants of Science series does look really good. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!