Monday, April 29, 2013

State of the Stack (April 29, 2013)


This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


My Physical Review Pile

These are stacked according to publication date.
The Spanish Revenge by Allan Topol (9/1/2012)
Evidence of Life by Barbara Taylor Sissel (3/26/2013)
To Wed in Scandal by Liana LeFey (May 7)
Monument 14: Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne (May 28)
Of Triton by Anna Banks (May 28)
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (June 4)
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry (June 11)
Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox (June 11)
Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner (June 25)
Famous Last Words by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski (July 2)
Dark Waters by Toni Anderson (August 6)
My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush by Laura Toffler-Corrie (August 20)
Blood and Roses by A. K. Alexander (August 20)

My Kindle Review Pile

These are also shown in order by publication date.
Bare It All by Lori Foster (April 30 but my blog tour date is May 15)
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (May 1)
Cuts Through Bone by Alaric Hunt (May 14)
The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston (May 14)
The Caretaker by A. X. Ahmad (May 21)
 The Last Girl by Jane Casey (May 21)
The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross (May 21)
Dare You To by Katie McGarry (May 28)
The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clark (June 4)
Aberration by Lisa Regan (June 6) - not available at Amazon yet
When the Stars Throw Down Their Spears by Kersten Hamilton (August 6)
Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear (August 8)
The Deepest Night by Shana Abe (August 13)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Taken by Erin Bowman
  2. Furious by Jill Wolfson
  3. Stolen Magic by Stephanie Burgis
  4. Soldier Dog by Sam Angus
  5. Wicked Cravings by Suzanne Wright
  6. Sharp by Alex Hughes
  7. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
  8. The Mystery Woman by Amanda Quick
  9. The Rules (Project Paper Doll) by Stacey Kade
  10. Behind the Lies by Robin Perini
  11. Battleship: A Daring Heiress, A Teenage Jockey and America's Horse by Dorothy Ours
  12. Sketchy by Olivia Samms
  13. Headed for Trouble by Suzanne Brockmann
  14. An Affair of Deceit by Jamie Michele (May 2)
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.
  1. Stolen Magic by Stephanie Burgis (Author/Publisher; 4/2; April 2)
  2. Blood and Roses by A. K. Alexander (Amazon Vine; 4/3; August 20)
  3. To Wed in Scandal by Liana LeFey (Amazon Vine; 4/4; May 7)
  4. The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clark (NetGalley; 4/7; June 4)
Next Month's Books

While I have eleven books on my stack that will be published in May, I actually have some gaps on my calendar that I can fill with books from my TBR mountain. Next up from the review pile are:
Bare It All by Lori Foster and The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa. I have started The Eternity Cure and am at about 33% already.
Cuts Through Bone by Alaric Hunt and The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston are the next review books. 

I hope to finally read Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger, The Rising by Kelley Armstrong, and The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead from my YA stack and Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost and Wolf With Benefits by Shelly Laurenston from my adult stack this month too. 

I had a great month. I lowered my overall review stack by 10 books leaving a total of 26 review books on my stack stretching out into August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!