Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week my teaser comes from The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa. This is the second book in the Blood of Eden series and will be released on April 30. Here is the description:
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.
Teaser:
Monsters existed on both sides of the wall, but at least the rabids were honest about wanting to eat you. In a vampire city, you were really just living on borrowed time, until the killers who smiled and patted you on the head finally showed their true colors.

I should know. I was born there.

16 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Such a great series :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Intriguing teaser. I've never read anything by Julie Kagawa before. I should start soon.

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read her books but I bet the YA readers love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Scary... but awesome teaser! =D

    Here's my teaser!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooo, great teaser! I still have to read this series. I have it waiting patiently for me, but I just haven't gotten to it. Are you enjoying it so far? Thanks for sharing and for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this one so bad I may have to buy a copy later today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing teaser--am not familiar with this series or author. My teaser: From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED this book. Actually, I love anything written by Julie Kagawa. Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting.
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't read the first one, but I heard it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books are definitely on my TBR list. Great teaser! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Denise @ Life With No Plot

    ReplyDelete
  11. I *loved* this book. Can't wait for Book 3!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser! I really liked this book. Gory but good. =)

    Thanks for stopping by our teasers!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!