Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Furious by Jill Wolfson

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from the top book on my review stack—Furious by Jill Wolfson. I got this ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. The book will be released on April 16. Here is the description:
We were only three angry high school girls, to begin with. Alix, the hot-tempered surfer chick; Stephanie, the tree-hugging activist; and me, Meg, the quiet foster kid, the one who never quite fit in. We hardly knew each other, but each of us nurtured a burning anger: at the jerks in our class, at our disappointing parents, at the whole flawed, unjust world.

We were only three angry girls, simmering uselessly in our ocean-side California town, until one day a mysterious, beautiful classmate named Ambrosia taught us what else we could be: Powerful. Deadly. Furious.

Yes, that’s us. The three Greek Furies, come to life, ready to take our revenge on everyone who deserves it. And who doesn't deserve it, really? We’re done with chances. We are angry. The Furies have come to town.
Teaser:
I see her arm swing back and then forward. If I have the time to see it, why don't I move away? Why don't I block it? Why don't I defend myself? I feel her palm hard across my face. What she just did, hitting me, that's against the law. She's not allowed to do that. But it doesn't matter. The law is meaningless. Who will enforce it for me? Who will take my side against hers?

15 comments:

  1. Intriguing... I'm already planning on reading this some time. This is really good, thanks for sharing! My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool!!! This sounds interesting and the teaser is great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting read. Can't wait to see what you think of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful teaser! Worth checking into. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greek furies with a California twist? What a great idea! I'll read this one.
    My teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF AN INSTINCTIVELY MUTINOUS BABY BOOMER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the blurb and teaser drew me right in, even though this isn't my usual read. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool and intriguing teaser! I am definitely wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm intrigued -- what a great teaser! Thanks for stopping by mine today, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. I've seen this one around a little bit, and I love stories about the Furies. Gonna have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tease! I love Greek mythology and the furies are fascinating creatures. Thanks for stopping by our blog. Happy Reading!

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh intense tease!! Hope you're enjoying this one!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this book on GR, and it caught my attention because it reminded me of The Witches of Eastwick!

    Enjoy, and thanks for visiting!
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a good book! I hope I get the chance to read it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog(:

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!