Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Memes: The Girl With the Iron Touch by Kady Cross


Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross. I got this eARC steampunk story from NetGalley. It will be released on May 28. This is the third book in this series. Here is the description:
In 1897 London, sometihng not quite human is about to awaken

When mechanical genius Emily is kidnapped by rogue automatons, Finley Jayne and her fellow misfits fear the worst. What's left of their archenemy, The Machinist, hungers to be resurrected, and Emily must transplant his consciousness into one of his automatons—or forfeit her friends' lives.

With Griffin being mysteriously tormented by the Aether, the young duke's sanity is close to the breaking point. Seeking help, Finley turns to Jack Dandy, but trusting the master criminal is as dangerous as controlling her dark side. When Jack kisses her, Finley must finally confront her true feelings for him…and for Griffin.

Meanwhile, Sam is searching everywhere for Emily, from Whitechapel's desolate alleyways to Mayfair's elegant mansions. He would walk into hell for her, but the choice she must make will test them more than they could imagine.

To save those she cares about, Emily must confront The Machinist's ultimate creation—an automaton more human than machine. And if she's to have any chance of triumph, she must summon a strength even she doesn't know she has….
Beginning:
A giant tentacle slapped the front of the submersible, driving the small craft backward in the water. A crack no wider than a hair split across the view screen as suckers the size of dinner plates pulled free.
Friday 56:
Emily glanced at her, sharing relief that it wasn't Garibaldi. There was no way he could have survived that building coming down on top of him. Was there?

5 comments:

  1. Yikes about that opening, I'd definitely freak out if a giant tentacle popped out of nowhere xP Thanks for sharing this title with us, happy reading =)

    My Friday Book Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a series I'd like to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although steam punk isn't my usual genre, this book sounds like one I'd enjoy. Thank you for introducing me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd hate t be kidnapped by rogue automatons!

    Thanks for posting on Book Beginnings!

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) like Sandy said, steampunk is not my usual genre but this book sounds interesting..

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!