Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Memes: Of Triton by Anna Banks

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Of Triton by Anna Banks. This is the sequel to Of Poseidon and is a paranormal.  I got this ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. It will be released on May 28. Here is the description:
Emma has just learned that her mother is a long-lost Poseidon princess, and now struggles with an identity crisis: As a Half-Breed, she's a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena realm. Syrena law states all Half-Breeds should be put to death.

As if that's not bad enough, her mother's reappearance in the Syrena world turns the two kingdoms--Poseidon and Triton--against one another. Which leaves Emma with a decision to make: Should she comply with Galen's request to keep herself safe and just hope for the best? Or should she risk it all and reveal herself--and her Gift--to save a people she's never known?

Once again, Anna Banks infuses Emma and Galen's points of view with humor, intrigue, and waves of romance.
Beginning:
My eyes won't open. It's like my lashes are coated with iron instead of mascara, pulling down my lids with a heaviness I can't fight. A medicated kind of heaviness.
Friday 56:
By my mom's expression, this black ball has meaning. So much meaning that I think she's forgotten to breathe.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed both snippets, but connected to the beginning... maybe I've been drugged with my face on in a past life, I don't know... LOL

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to get my hands on the first book. I've heard good things about it.

    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!