Sunday, May 12, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (May 12, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

This was a huge week for me. I added 10 books to my TBR mountain.
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer was a Kindle Daily Deal this week. Since I was planning to attend Colfer's book signing, I thought it would be apropo to add one of his books to my Kindle. I read this one quite a while ago.

Sigmund Freud by Kathleen Krull arrived this week too. Now I have all of the currently published Giants of Science series. 
Black City by Elizabeth Richards arrived this week. I was waiting for a paperback copy.

I also got Loki's Wolves by Kelley Armstrong and Melissa Marr. I have been looking forward to this middle grade title. 
After all the hype, I had to get a copy of The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. It also helps that I like science fiction.

The Big Splash by Jack D. Ferraiolo was added to my stack because its sequel—The Quick Fix—won the Edgar Award for the Best Juvenile mystery. 
Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan is a 2013 Debut novel that sounded good. I like the combination of historical fiction and spies. 

Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George was added to my stack because I enjoyed Tuesdays at the Castle.
Icons by Margaret Stohl was also added to my stack because of all the hype it has generated. 

Ink by Amanda Sun is my only review book of the week. I was approved by Harlequin Teen at NetGalley for this June 25 release. 

What did you add to your stack?

13 comments:

  1. Ooh very nice! I liked Black City!! Found it to be fresh and very intriguing! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I can't wait to read these as well. I hope you enjoy them : )

    my Book Haul and Blog Birthday international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!! You got Icons and Maid of Secrets. I've been dying to read those. They sound great!!!! You also got a lot of other great books. :D I hope you enjoy all of them and thanks for stopping by mt STS. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Artemis Fowl series! They're a lot of fun. That book on Freud looks very interesting, I'll have to check it out.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loki's Wolves looks interesting. So does Maid Secrets. New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of the books you got are series I really want to read. The only one I think I've read is THE 5TH WAVE and that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great books! I really want to read Icons and Loki's Wolves. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Artemis Fowl is so good! I really hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 5th Wave lives up to the hype, so I hope you enjoy it :D I just finished it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great haul this week. I really want to read Ink. Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got Ink last week, but haven't started it yet. Great haul and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started the 5th Wave (about 100 pages in) and so far, I really love it! Thanks for stopping by my StS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul Kathy! I cannot wait to read the 5th Wave! I've been eyeing it for quite some time now! Black City, Maid of Secrets and Ink are all also on my TBR list!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!