Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (May 19, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

This was a ridiculously awesome book week for me. Between a buy one-get one free book fair at school and an author signing, my shelves are bulging. Here is what I got:
I added a few more book to my Gallagher collection since I saw some of them at the book fair. I went to Amazon and bought the Kindle copies of Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover, Only the Good Spy Young, and Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Ally Carter so that I will have the whole series on my Kindle. This is a series that I keep meaning to read. 
I have been meaning to read Cassandra Clare's books too. The book fair had City of Bones and City of Fallen Angels. I had to get City of Ashes and City of Glass from Amazon. I bought the print ones so that they would look good on my bookshelves. 
I also got Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Angel at the book fair. I am waiting for the most recent in each series to be available in paperback so that the will match. Also they will likely be available in paperback before I find the time to read this whole series. 
Other book fair bargains were Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster and Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel. I have been meaning to add these to my stack since they were published. I think I got both of them for $3.00.
As  if that wasn't enough, Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan and Quick Fix by Jack D. Ferraiolo arrived in my mailbox.
I also did some more shopping for my Kindle and bought The Vincent Boys and The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines since I have been seeing these books all over the internet and have become interesting in reading them. I also got Shadowburbia by Angela Horn because I saw it on someone's blog and was intrigued. 
Some review books were added to my stack this week too. I got Tumble & Fall (Sept. 17) by Alexandra Coutts, Far Far Away (June 11) by Tom McNeal, and This Song Will Save Your Life (Sept. 17) by Leila Sales. 
I had a chance to attend a book signing at The Red Balloon on Wednesday evening. Jeri Smith-Ready was there. She talked about her books and a lot about social networking. I got Shade, Shift, and Shine with lovely covers and with personalized autographs. 

What did you get this week?

23 comments:

  1. Invisibility is one I keep debating highly over! Hope that you read and review it soon so I can try to make a decision myself! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great haul you got this week, I will be interested to see your take on Cassandra Clare's books I have read some of them and loved some and not as thrilled with others. Have a great week reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Haul this week! I have ALL Cassandra's novels. Hope you enjoy them :)

    Have a good week!

    Weekly Wrap Up + STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Half Brother surprised me. I really liked it. I even cried a little bit....Enjoy all your books!My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... so many books! I want the Clockwork books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked first three books in TMI, the last 2 (3rd oncoming) are a bit weaker but still good, but TID were not really my thing. I think Clare is milking it and taking it all too far.
    Enjoy the reads, you got an amazing haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book fair has always been one of my favorite events ever -- you got so much amazing summer reading. Hope you enjoy - and thanks for stopping by :)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow a lot of great books. I would love to read some of these. Checking them out now. Happy reading! Here's what I got this week. - Mary Grace @ The Solitary Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Ally Carter's and Cassandra Clare's books! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Happy reading!
    -Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Cow, you did have an awesome book week! Book fairs can be so much fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a LOT of good reading coming up! The Vincent Boys is probably one of my most favorite books right now. I adore Abbi Glines. And most of the other books on this list are either already sitting here waiting for me to pick them up or on my "to buy" list. Enjoy everything!!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS this week! :)
    Sheri @ Tangled Up In Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a great haul. I really like the look of Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Angel.

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE The Mortal Instruments! And cannot wait to read Tumble & Fall! What a great book haul this week. Enjoy! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many awesome books!!!! I loved the Shade series, and I have my fingers crossed I'll get Tumble & Fall! I also wish Abbi's books were on sale for Nook! I definitely need to read them!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  15. Human.4 is awesome. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Half-Brother is one I've had my eye on! Hope it is great!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome Haul! I have the first Gallagher book but have yet to read it. city of Bones is really good. I have yet to read the rest of Cassandra's books but I want to. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm reading Invisibility now and I just love it so much so far! I am super excited for all three of the books you got for review, especially Tumble & Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW--you got a ton! Hope you enjoy Abbi. I love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have the Shade and Shift but haven't read them yet. I also keep meaning to get the Gallagher series from my library. I need to just try to read my eyeballs out. I liked one of Abbi Glines contemporary, but haven't read any more by her because all the story lines seem too similar. I do love her paranormal works a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I look forward to trying both series by Cassandra Clare. Love Too Far Series by Abbi Glines but have yet tried the The Vincent Brothers. I seen they were on sale at amazon. Great haul. Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - you had an awesome book week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!