Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (May 26, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I had another big week but most of what I got were Kindle books. Here is my haul:
I got three review books this week. First, I got a print ARC of Horde by Ann Aguirre from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. I have read the first two books in this dystopian series and need to find out what happens next. The book will be released on October 29.

I was also approached by author Sherry Soule to review her books. She offered to send me eARCs but, since the books have already been published, I chose to buy Kindle copies of Moonlight Mayhem and Beautifully Broken. It is my intention to read and review them in July. 

I continued to do Kindle shopping and chose some books that I have been wanting to read.
Golden by Jessi Kirby
The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan 
Werewolf Dreams by Katie Lee O'Guinn
Reboot by Amy Tintera
Lost & Found by Nicole Williams

The final book I got is for my summer professional reading.
Book Love by Penny Kittle is all about encouraging adolescents to read or keep reading. This is something I struggle with each year in my high school media center.

What did you get this week?

12 comments:

  1. Been seeing some of these around the blogosphere! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to start Reboot and Agguire's books, they all look so freakishly good!

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORED Golden. It's one of my favorite reads this year! I also have The Summer I Became a Nerd and Lost & Found waiting for me to read them! Great haul Kathy!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul. I'm interested in Book Love -- haven't seen that one before. Looking forward to what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horde looks really interesting. i'll have to check out this series.
    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog, Kathy! You got some great books there! A few I have myself (or that are on their way here). And Ann Aguirre so far has always been good! Enjoy them :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did something on my blog with Lost and Found, it sounds really good! I'm hoping to check it out soon! New follower :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to start the Razorland series. My husband said it is a must read. Reboot also looks very good! I hope you enjoy it and all the other amazing books you got this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen nothing but great things about Golden and Reboot! I hope you enjoy them too! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Book Love looks very interesting, I hope it's helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh.... some awesome books!! I want Lost & Found.... soon!!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I've wanted to read Anne Aguire's series for a while now and Golden looks fantastic.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Alyssa @ Swept Away By Books

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!