Monday, May 27, 2013

State of the Stack (May 27, 2013)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


My Physical Review Pile

These are stacked by release date.
June Releases
Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry
Far Far Away by Tom McNeal
Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner

July Releases
Famous Last Words by Jennifer Doktorski

August Releases
Dark Waters by Toni Anderson
My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush by Laura Toffler-Corrie
Blood and Roses by A. K. Alexander

September Releases
Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

October Releases
Horde by Ann Aguirre

My Kindle Review Pile

These are in the order I received them this month with the release date in parentheses.
Aberration by Lisa Regan (May 16)
Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear (August 8)
The Deepest Night by Shana Abe (August 13)
When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears by Kersten Hamilton (August 6)
The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke (June 18)
Ink by Amanda Sun (July 1)
Good As Gone by Douglas Corleone (August 20)
Beautifully Broken by Sherry Soule (June 26, 2011)
Moonlight Mayhem by Sherry Soule (July 3, 2012)

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
  2. To Wed in Scandal by Liana LeFey
  3. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
  4. Cuts Through Bone by Alaric Hunt
  5. Bare It All by Lori Foster
  6. The Caretaker by A. X. Ahmad
  7. The Last Girl by Jane Casey
  8. The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross
  9. SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows
  10. Of Triton by Anna Banks
  11. Evidence of Life by Barbara Taylor Sissel
  12. Dare You To by Katie McGarry (May 30)
  13. The Spanish Revenge by Allan Topol (May 30)
  14. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (June 1)
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.
  1. SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows (5/7; May 28)
  2. Ink by Amanda Sun (5/10; June 25)
  3. Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts (5/13; Sept. 17)
  4. Far Far Away by Tom McNeal (5/13; June 11)
  5. From This Moment On by Bella Andre (5/13; June 25)
  6. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (5/16; Sept. 17)
  7. Good as Gone by Douglas Corleone (5/17; August 20)
  8. Horde by Ann Aguirre (5/20; October 29)
  9. Beautifully Broken by Sherry Soule (5/23; June 26, 2011)
  10. Moonlight Mayhem by Sherry Soule (5/23; July 3, 2012)
Next Month's Plan

The June stack looks like this:
  1. Aberration by Lisa Regan
  2. Far Far Away by Tom McNeal
  3. The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry
  4. Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox
  5. The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
  6. Neptune's Tears by Susan Waggoner
  7. Ink by Amanda Sun
I have just three books to read and review in July. I would also like to finish Famous Last Words by Jennifer Doktorski before I go to ALA at the end of June. I did say that I would read Sherry Soule's books in July but they will have to wait until I am back home after ALA.

I am still in school through June 11 and will have to fit reading in around the hectic activities at the end of the school year. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's some organization! I get about as far as piling them up by release date and keeping a note in my Nook. I like the new picture of you, too. Will you be joining us for the MotherReader 48 Hour Book Challenge? A great way to read down the pile!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!