Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from a book that I have been anticipating for quite a while. My teaser come from Dare You To by Katie McGarry. Here is the description:
"I dare you…"

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does….

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock—with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams—and his life—for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all….
Teaser:
I glance over to Mom again and at the empty space where my older brother, Mark, used to sit. Mark's absence stings more than I thought it would.

20 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to read this book!!! Great Teaser!!!

    Thanks for stopping by mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a grea teaser you've got in there! I haven't read Pushing the Limits, but i'll try to keep up so I can read this book. New follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ha e read Pushing the Limits and it was awesome! I have to read Dare You To!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read either of these but have been curious! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. Love the cover.
    http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/teaser-tuesday-may-28/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, I've heard so much about this book and, even if it's not my cup of tea, your teaser is really great!
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! It has me wonder what happened to Mark?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been noticing this one....thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first one yet. Too many interesting book to read and so little time! Thank you for sharing.

    My teaser is fromInfreno by Dan Brown

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh sad. what happened :) aka good tease!
    trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tease! Seeing this around everywhere lately! Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a great book but for some reason I enjoyed Pushing the Limits better. I am not sure why. Thanks for stopping by.
    Jess@FueledbyFiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an emotional teaser! Enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not read the first one of these, though I'm planning on it...eventually. But this is a great sounding teaser! It definitely makes me want to read them more. :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just reviewed this one...so good. Loved it even more than the first book in the series! Great teaser, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I started with this one, I still need to read the others...

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday The Summer I Became a Nerd

    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved this book!! Awesome tease!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!