Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Rising by Kelley Armstrong

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from a book that has been on my TBR mountain for a while. I chose The Rising by Kelley Armstrong because I am eager to read this third book in her Darkness Rising trilogy. Here is the description:
Things are getting desperate for Maya and her friends. Hunted by the powerful St. Clouds and now a rival Cabal as well, they're quickly running out of places to hide. And with the whole world thinking they died in a helicopter crash, it's not like they can just go to the authorities for help.

All they have is the name and number of someone who might be able to give them a few answers. Answers to why they're so valuable, and why their supernatural powers are getting more and more out of control.

But Maya is unprepared for the truths that await her. And now, like it or not, she'll have to face down some demons from her past if she ever hopes to move on with her life. Because Maya can't keep running forever.

Old secrets are revealed and unexpected characters make a surprising return in this stunning conclusion to Kelley Armstrong's New York Timesbestselling Darkness Rising trilogy.
Teaser:
Is there a proper reaction for meeting your twin for the first time? A twin you never even realized you had until a week ago?

6 comments:

  1. Awesome teaser! I remember reading the Gathering but never continued on with the series. I'll check back for your review :)

    Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting series! My teaser: Tactical Advantage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very nice!! Definitely a good tease! Glad I read it already!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing!!! This is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds great! I read Armstrong's Darkest Powers trilogy but haven't gotten around to this one yet. I need to remedy that ASAP.

    My teaser is from THE APOTHECARY'S DAUGHTER by Julie Klassen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds great its on my TBR list!

    thanks for stopping by allwehaveisstories <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!