Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston. I got this eARC from NetGalley. The book will be released on May 14. Here is the description:
She's been six different people in six different places: Madeline in Ohio, Isabelle in Missouri, Olivia in Kentucky . . . But now that she's been transplanted to rural Louisiana, she has decided that this fake identity will be her last.

Witness Protection has taken nearly everything from her. But for now, they've given her a new name, Megan Rose Jones, and a horrible hair color. For the past eight months, Meg has begged her father to answer one question: What on earth did he do-or see-that landed them in this god-awful mess? Meg has just about had it with all of the Suits' rules-and her dad's silence. If he won't help, it's time she got some answers for herself.

But Meg isn't counting on Ethan Landry, an adorable Louisiana farm boy who's too smart for his own good. He knows Meg is hiding something big. And it just might get both of them killed. As they embark on a perilous journey to free her family once and for all, Meg discovers that there's only one rule that really matters-survival.
Teaser:
Mom is sprawled on the couch with an empty gin bottle and a box of tissues. There are, like, a million little pieces torn up on the floor.

17 comments:

  1. I want to read this one! I love books about secrets, mysterious happenings, and Witness Protection!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this one features the witness protection program...I've always kind of found that fascinating. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I have this one for review, I just have to find time for it. It sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I have been looking forward to this one ;)

    Have a good week!

    Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting blurb. I do wonder what her dad did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Witness protection program? This one sounds interesting.

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tease. Sounds kind of sad for the teen who has to deal with this kind of parent.

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting! My teaser: Disney in Shadow by Ridley Pearson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dramatic and sensitive teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I think I would like this!
    trish @ tales from ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought this was a pretty good book. I hope you are enjoying it! My TT is here: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2013/05/teaser-tuesday-parallel-by-lauren-miller.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds good! It seems like I'm adding a lot of books to my wishlist today and this is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a book I would enjoy. Thanks for checking out my teaser.

    I love the background you've used on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds really interesting. Very mysterious. The whole premise draws you in. I'll have to try and find this one.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Denise @ Life With No Plot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser! This sounds like a very intriguing book. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    Wendy @ Wendy's Musings

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!