Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Memes: The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry. I received this ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. The book will be released on June 11. Here is the description:
“Take her out back and finish her off.”

She doesn’t know who she is. She doesn’t know where she is, or why. All she knows when she comes to in a ransacked cabin is that there are two men arguing over whether or not to kill her.

And that she must run.

In her riveting style, April Henry crafts a nail-biting thriller involving murder, identity theft, and biological warfare. Follow Cady and Ty (her accidental savior turned companion), as they race against the clock to stay alive.
Beginning:
I wake up.

But wake up isn't quite right. That implies sleeping. A bed. A pillow.

I come to.
Friday 56:
A new sound is layered over the footsteps. My heart hammers in my chest. But then I recognize it. Some guy is humming. And saying an occasional word. "Baby...love...do that..."

5 comments:

  1. I really like the beginning! It sounds intriguing...

    Happy reading!
    Michelle @ Playing Jokers

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of this novel is so ominous, definitely catches your attention! And the sentences you featured, sounds intense. Thanks for sharing, happy reading!

    My Friday Book Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both snippets are quite intriguing!! Sounds like great reading!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary! Looks like an exciting story.

    Thanks for always participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this author, but always read her first to make sure it's middle school appropriate. Comes close to the line, sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!