Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (June 23, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

This week I added five books to my stack.
After seeing it on a blog, I decided I had to have Venom by Fiona Paul. I was intrigued by the historical setting.

Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry is a eNovella that I had to have. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors of contemporaries. 
I received Awoken by Timothy Miller from Spencer Hill Press for review. It will be released on August 13.
I also downloaded the two SYNC titles this week. You have until Wednesday to get them for yourself.

Once by Morris Gleitzman is a story of a young Polish Jew during World War II. I hadn't heard of the book before it became a SYNC title but look forward to listening to it. 

Letter from Birmingham Jail by Martin Luther King Jr. was the companion title. I have heard of this one but never read it. 

What did you get this week?

14 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Enjoy them. I have to fix my problem with Overdrive b/c I'm missing out on these free books! I read Once and Then with my eyes and just read Now last week with both. In my review, I commented on the cover change for the audio but didn't think to 1. go and look to see if the previous books had been recorded, and 2. were the covers changed for them as well. Huh.

    Now to see about that Overdrive issue...

    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also dying to read VENOM. I know it's been out for a while, but I just haven't found time to read it. Enjoy your books! And thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie McGarry is an amazing author! I hope you enjoy all that you've got this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Crossing the Line and hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great choices! I'm a new follower. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I really need to read Crossing the Lines :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I'm intrigued by Venom too, I keep seeing it at the library and haven't yet picked it up. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crossing the Line is so cute, but short. I hope you enjoy it like I did. ;D
    Enjoy all your books & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to check out Crossing The Line it sounds pretty good!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Venom and Crossing the Line! Both books I definitely need to read! I hope you enjoy them Kathy!

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  11. Venom is amazing! I love the series so much! I just finished the sequel yesterday and already can't wait for the final book. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awoken looks interesting....Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awoken definitely sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great book haul. I hope you enjoy them. I have Crossing the Line and hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!