Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox. I got this ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. It will be released on June 11. Here is the description:
Sixteen-year-old Canny Mochrie's parents go away on a vacation, so they send her off on a trip of her own with her step-brother Sholto and his opinionated girlfriend Susan, who are interviewing the survivors of a strange coal mine disaster and researching local folklore in 1959 Southland, New Zealand. Canny is left to herself to wander in a mysterious and enchanting nearby valley, occupied almost entirely by children who all have the last name Zarene and can perform a special type of magic that tells things how to be stronger and better than they already are. With the help of a seventeen-year-old boy who is held hostage in a hidden away house by a spell that is now more powerful than the people who first placed it, Canny figures out why she, too, can use this special magic that only Zarenes should know, and where she really came from. Printz Honor author Elizabeth Knox has created another stunning world of intrigue in Mortal Fire.
Teaser:
It was only recently Canny had realized that usually no one else could see this "Extra," though it had at least once appeared in a form visible to others. 

13 comments:

  1. This book sounds awesome! Great teaser! What is this extra!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intriguing!!

    Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good - I think my teenage niece would really like this (it's time for her Birthday present too)

    Thanks for visiting my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good book, nice cover too. Thanks for stopping by my site earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh interesting! Haven't heard of this one!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting! I've got two teasers this week, you can find them here.
    Tasha @ A Trillian Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondering what this extra is? Sounds interesting, will have to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound slike this one could be an interesting adventure for younger readers! My teaser: The Wizard of Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the second teaser I've seen for this book! Might have to check it out. :)

    Denise @ Life With No Plot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, great teaser! I wonder what this 'extra' is!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!