Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clark


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from the eARC of The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clark. This book will be released on June 18. It is the sequel to The Assassin's Curse. Here is the description:
After setting out to break the curse that binds them together, the pirate Ananna and the assassin Naji find themselves stranded on an enchanted island in the north with nothing but a sword, their wits, and the secret to breaking the curse: complete three impossible tasks. With the help of their friend Marjani and a rather unusual ally, Ananna and Naji make their way south again, seeking what seems to be beyond their reach.

Unfortunately, Naji has enemies from the shadowy world known as the Mists, and Ananna must still face the repercussions of going up against the Pirate Confederation. Together, Naji and Ananna must break the curse, escape their enemies — and come to terms with their growing romantic attraction.
Teaser:
I stretched out on the nest of ferns I used for a bed and stared up at the ceiling. This was, I had discovered, the most entertaining way to pass my time. Trying to count the number of damn pine needles I'd used to thatch my roof. I got up to fifty-seven before I gave up.

17 comments:

  1. HAHA that's hilarious! Great teaser! :)
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny teaser! Take a look at my TT here: http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2013/06/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like me when I get bored lol! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that with the little bumpy texture things on my ceiling when I'm bored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the Pirate's Wish. great pick for a teaser. thanks for stopping by My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very bored person! Nice teaser. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Ananna's comments are so funny :)
    I'm almost finished with this book and all I can say is WOWZAH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magical cover, and love the descriptive teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Tease - and I love the cover art!!
    Mine is from Theft of Swords, by Michael J Sullivan: http://goo.gl/53GQw

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha nice! Been seeing this one around but haven't read it! Like the cover though! Very colorful!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, sounding good. :) Hope you are enjoying it!

    Thank you again for stopping by my teaser today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser! I have counted ceiling tiles in boredom in my time as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can imagine doing that, not. Simply do not have the time, but it would be nice to be able to try!
    Thanks for the visit!

    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL I've done things like that to fall asleep. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post! Sorry I'm a week late!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't read the first book, I'm so behind :(

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!