Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (July 28, 2013)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.


Here are this week's SYNC books. The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen and The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain. I have already read both but it will be fun to read them again with my ears. By the way, The False Prince is available for $3.50 for your Kindle and The Prince and the Pauper can be had for even less.
So many people have been saying good things about The Distance Between Us by Kasie West that I decided I had to have a copy so that I can see for myself what the buzz is all about. 

Clockwise by Elle Strauss was a free book for my Kindle that sounded good. 
I got a second copy of Horde by Ann Aguirre for review from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. I had received my first copy, also from them, on May 20. However, this one came with a cool cloth patch.
Also arriving from Macmillan this week was a CD with a playlist for This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. I have to say that I have only heard of two of the artists and am totally unfamiliar with the music. If liking the book is dependent on being familiar with the music, I'm in trouble. I've had the book on my review stack since May 16.

What did you get this week?

19 comments:

  1. OOh nice! These are new to me but I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing good things about This Song will Save Your Life. Can't wait to hear what you think. Get on that! I'm also excited to listen to The False Prince. Hope you enjoy all your books! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved The Distance Between Us. Caymen was the perfect amount of snark to Xander's swoons.

    Great haul, I hope you enjoy your new reads, and I'm jealous of that CD.

    ♥ Christina @ The Book Hookup

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Distance Between Us is on my TBR, I hope you enjoy it!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horde looks really good. I really enjoyed Enclave very much. Happy reading :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul - I reallly enjoyed Clcokwise, it was so cute! I noticed on inside of a Dog you got Sunshine by Robin McKinley which is one of the only vampire books i can say that I love!

    Great haul :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Distance Between Us's cover. Great picks this week. Thanks for stopping by.

    Jess @ Jess Time To Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The Distance Between Us, it was really good. And I cannot wait to read Horde! Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really neat that the publisher included a CD with the playlist but like you, I hope the playlist isn't necessary to understanding or liking the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stack this week. I have The Distance Between Us on my TBR list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of awesome stuff!! Enjoy reading them!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep seeing Clockwise on Amazon. It sounds interesting. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So jealous that you got a copy of Horde! I love that series. Hope you enjoy it!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently read The Distance Between Us and it was a charming book. It looks like a great haul. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so lucky to get Horde. I'm envious of your haul. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul! I cannot wait to start The False Prince, looks so good.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got the CD for This Song Will Save Your Life, too and I think I had the opposite reaction---alot of the songs were from bands I grew up listening to and it made me want to read the book when before I wasn't that interested! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Distance Between Us sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you like The Distance Between Us as much as I did! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!