Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (June 30 & July 7, 2013)

Tynga of Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

Here is my epic mailbox. I was away from home at ALA on June 30 and couldn't post. (In fact, I was in the hospital six block from where ALA was happening - but my colleague walked the Exhibit Hall floor for me and picked these.)



Instead of linking each title, I am linking to my Google Drive spreadsheet of Review books here. I went to ALA with the goal of getting an ARC of Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas.  I got it. I hadn't hoped for an ARC of Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger but my friend found that one for me too. 

As if that weren't enough, I got some more new books these past couple of weeks too.
I just read Shelter by Harlan Coben from my TBR mountain and had to have the sequel Seconds Away

This week's SYNC audiobook was Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford. People have been telling me for years how funny it is. Now, I can see for myself.

Slayers: Friends and Traitors by C. J. Hill arrived from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group as an ARC along with a finished copy of Slayers by C. J. Hill.
Finn Finnegan by Darby Karchut was a Kindle Daily Deal this week. I read it and reviewed it a while ago and really liked this middle grade fantasy story.

I got an ARC of Uncrashable Dakota by Andy Marino from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group for review. 

Finally, I got an ARC of Altered by Gennifer Albin also from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. I didn't picture it because I can't yet find a picture of the cover. Crewel's cliffhanger ending makes me want to read this one right now.

What did you add to your stack this week?

17 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I keep debating about Curtsies and Conspiracies! I liked the first book, but didn't love it like I thought I would!

    Hope you enjoy all your fab new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looking stack of books you have there! I know there are a few I have been looking into reading in your stack. Swipe looks interesting.

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can read for at least a month with all of these. Why were you in the hospital? If you are posting you must be OK>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo jealous of Emerald Green! I hope you love all your books and I hope you are feeling better!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks for the week! Thanks for stopping by.
    Happy reading!

    Jess @ Jess Time To Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul. These Broken Stars is the one I've been eyeing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great books! I hope you enjoy them.

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazingly Huge stack of books :D! Some of these books are on my TBR pile. Hope you enjoy all of them!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog: Kassie's Book Thoughts
    http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/07/stacking-shelves-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, quite a few of those are on my to-read list. Amazing haul!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGZ! What an epic haul! The one that stood out right away was Coldest Girl which is one I snagged at BEA and read it right away - loved it! Holly is one of my favorite authors for good reason! :) Wish I could have gone to BEA to meet you! Great haul, chickie!

    Giselle @ Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah!! That is amazing! I probably would've made the trip to ALA just for Crown of Midnight if I could've as well! :) I hope you love them all!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! That is one massive haul! Good luck reading them all!
    Have a great week!!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! That's one great haul you've got!
    I hope you enjoy al the books you got and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the books seem amazing!!Great haul.Thanks for stopping by my Stacking the Shelves.
    happy Reading!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did get a ton of books! I loved Seraphina and Slayers and am excited to get my hands on Teardop, These Broken Stars, Crown of Midnight, Raven Flight, and Slayers: Friends & Traitors. A lot of the others are on my tbr. Great stack! Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crikey! :O I'm so jealous of all of those books! :P So many awesome ones. <3 I WISH I could have gone to ALA, but I live in the UK. We don't have that many amazing events that I know of here. (Not like ALA anyway!) Thanks for sharing your AWESOME haul and for stopping by my STS post. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    ----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous book haul! Looks like you are set for a while.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!