Monday, July 29, 2013

State of the Stack (July 29, 2013)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on the last Monday of each month. Please feel free to join in and let me know the state of your stack.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.  


My Physical Review Pile

Since I attended my first ALA at the end of June, my stack has grown immensely. I won't be listing the individual titles but you can look at my spreadsheet to see what I got. I emptied a bookcase to have room for these. The top of my entertainment center is no longer adequate to the cause. 




My Kindle Review Pile

Since I have such a large pile of print books, I have been avoiding visiting NetGalley recently. Here are the eARCs on my review stack.
Hush by Carey Baldwin is her self-published romantic suspense novella. It was released on July 6.

Good As Gone by Douglas Corleone was recived through Minotaur Books' eGalley program. It is a thriller that will be released on August 20.
Cast in Sorrow by Michelle Sagara was a NetGalley find. I have read all of the earlier books in this fantasy series. It will be released on August 27.

The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton is also a Minotaur Books' eGalley. It is a thriller that will be released on September 10.
The Impersonator by Mary Miley is my most recent acquisition from Minotaur Books. It is a historical thriller that will be released on Sept. 17.

Will in Scarlet by Matthew Cody was a book that I was invited to read through NetGalley. It will be released on October 8.

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Slayers by C. J. Hill
  2. Enemy Within by Marcella Burnard
  3. What We Found in the Sofa and How It Changed the World by Henry Clark
  4. Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! by Candace Havens
  5. SYLO by D. J. MacHale
  6. The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
  7. Runt by Nora Raleigh Baskin
  8. The Resurrectionist by Matthew Guinn
  9. Raven Flight by Juliet Marillier (August 8)
  10. Saving Paradise by Mike Bond (August 1)
  11. Hunter Moran Hangs Out by Patricia Reilly Giff
  12. The Misadventures of the Magician's Dog by Frances Sackett
  13. Dark Waters by Toni Anderson (August 3)
  14. When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears by Kersten Hamilton (August 3)
  15. Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear (August 1)
  16. The Deepest Night by Shana Abe (August 10)
  17. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick (August 7)
  18. Awoken by Timothy Miller (August 15)
  19. Blood and Roses by A. K. Alexander (August 17)
  20. My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush by Laura Toffler-Corrie (August 17)
  21. Good As Gone by Douglas Corleone (August 15)
  22. Hush (Tangleheart) by Carey Baldwin (August 14)
I Added These Books

Here are the non-ALA books I got this month. They are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.
  1. Slayers by C. J. Hill (6/24; September 27, 2011)
  2. Slayers: Friends and Traitors by C. J. Hill (6/24: October 15)
  3. Uncrashable Dakota by Andy Marino (6/24; November 12)
  4. Altered by Gennifer Albin (6/24; October 29)
  5. Saving Paradise by Mike Bond (7/3; November 20, 2012)
  6. Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! by Candace Havens (7/4; July 22)
  7. Cast in Sorrow by Michelle Sagara (7/10; August 27)
  8. Love Gone Mad by Mark Rubenstein (7/16; September 1)
  9. The Impersonator by Mary Miley (7/17; September 17)
  10. In the Age of Love and Chocolate by Gabrielle Zevin (7/18; October 29)
  11. Hush (Tangleheart) by Carey Baldwin (7/24; July 6)
Next Month's Plan

My theme this month is to get as far ahead as I can while I am still on my summer vacation. I hope to finish all of my August releases before I begin work again on August 26.

Here are the next few books on my review stack.




Here are the ones scheduled for early September release:



Those should definitely keep me busy during my last month of summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!