Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet. Yellow highlighted books are ones past their publication date that I still haven't read and reviewed. I use pink highlights for reviews due in even numbered months so that I can see at a glance how many I have for each month. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books.
My Physical Review Pile
Since I attended my first ALA at the end of June, my stack has grown immensely. I won't be listing the individual titles but you can look at my spreadsheet to see what I got. I emptied a bookcase to have room for these. The top of my entertainment center is no longer adequate to the cause.
My Kindle Review Pile
Since I have such a large pile of print books, I have been avoiding visiting NetGalley recently. Here are the eARCs on my review stack.
Hush by Carey Baldwin is her self-published romantic suspense novella. It was released on July 6.
Good As Gone by Douglas Corleone was recived through Minotaur Books' eGalley program. It is a thriller that will be released on August 20.
Cast in Sorrow by Michelle Sagara was a NetGalley find. I have read all of the earlier books in this fantasy series. It will be released on August 27.
The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton is also a Minotaur Books' eGalley. It is a thriller that will be released on September 10.
The Impersonator by Mary Miley is my most recent acquisition from Minotaur Books. It is a historical thriller that will be released on Sept. 17.
Will in Scarlet by Matthew Cody was a book that I was invited to read through NetGalley. It will be released on October 8.
I Read This Month
These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
- Slayers by C. J. Hill
- Enemy Within by Marcella Burnard
- What We Found in the Sofa and How It Changed the World by Henry Clark
- Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! by Candace Havens
- SYLO by D. J. MacHale
- The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
- Runt by Nora Raleigh Baskin
- The Resurrectionist by Matthew Guinn
- Raven Flight by Juliet Marillier (August 8)
- Saving Paradise by Mike Bond (August 1)
- Hunter Moran Hangs Out by Patricia Reilly Giff
- The Misadventures of the Magician's Dog by Frances Sackett
- Dark Waters by Toni Anderson (August 3)
- When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears by Kersten Hamilton (August 3)
- Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear (August 1)
- The Deepest Night by Shana Abe (August 10)
- Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick (August 7)
- Awoken by Timothy Miller (August 15)
- Blood and Roses by A. K. Alexander (August 17)
- My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush by Laura Toffler-Corrie (August 17)
- Good As Gone by Douglas Corleone (August 15)
- Hush (Tangleheart) by Carey Baldwin (August 14)
Here are the non-ALA books I got this month. They are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date received and date published are listed in parentheses.
- Slayers by C. J. Hill (6/24; September 27, 2011)
- Slayers: Friends and Traitors by C. J. Hill (6/24: October 15)
- Uncrashable Dakota by Andy Marino (6/24; November 12)
- Altered by Gennifer Albin (6/24; October 29)
- Saving Paradise by Mike Bond (7/3; November 20, 2012)
- Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! by Candace Havens (7/4; July 22)
- Cast in Sorrow by Michelle Sagara (7/10; August 27)
- Love Gone Mad by Mark Rubenstein (7/16; September 1)
- The Impersonator by Mary Miley (7/17; September 17)
- In the Age of Love and Chocolate by Gabrielle Zevin (7/18; October 29)
- Hush (Tangleheart) by Carey Baldwin (7/24; July 6)
My theme this month is to get as far ahead as I can while I am still on my summer vacation. I hope to finish all of my August releases before I begin work again on August 26.
Here are the next few books on my review stack.
Here are the ones scheduled for early September release:
Those should definitely keep me busy during my last month of summer vacation.