Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I grabbed Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George from my TBR mountain. I really liked Tuesdays at the Castle and my middle grade fantasy lovers enjoy it too. Here is the description:
A castle that is constantly rearranging itself, and a young royal family sworn to protect it... Celie, Rolf, and their beloved Castle Glower are back in this exciting sequel.

When her brother Rolf dares her to catch magical Castle Glower creating a new room, Princess Celie takes the challenge! No one knows the Castle better than she does. But as usual, the Castle has ideas of its own.Celie finds the new room first, and inside it is hidden a giant egg. It looks like The Castle wants Celie to care for the egg and whatever creature it hatches! Celie hadn't bargained for a pet, and caring for this one will prove to be especially tricky, once Celie and her siblings realize what else the Castle is hiding....
Teaser:
Celie yelped and snatched her fingers back. The baby griffin had just tried to eat them. 

17 comments:

  1. Recently saw a book about griffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh sounds very Harry Potter-ish! Glad she didn't lose her fingers lol! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool teaser! I must investigate this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun Middle Grade read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun series for kids! My teaser: Breakfast at Tiffany’s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made me laugh, though I should be frightened.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica Day George is one of my favorite MG authors. Loved Tuesdays at the Castle and the Dragon Slippers trilogy. I need to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those books look so cute! I'll bet my kids would like them! Great tease - a cute little baby griffin? Sign me up!

    Denise @ Life With No Plot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I like that cover and the sounds of this one. :) We need our fantasy readers to start young. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah cute! I love Jessica Day George's stuff. I still need to check out this series though. Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute teaser! Sounds like a great fantasy read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great teaser. Sounds like a super cute read.
    Thanks for dropping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good pick for my niece. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!