Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (Aug. 25, 2013)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

This week I bought two books and received three for review.
I have been interested in The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau ever since I first heard about it. I finally found a used copy at a price I wanted to pay.

Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading by Tommy Greenwald sounded like just the thing to give to my students who don't see themselves as readers. 
Review Books
Scott Stabile emailed me and asked if I would be interested in reading his debut novel - Iris. After checking out the reviews at Amazon, I said I would like to read it. I thought a story that combined love, loss and aliens could be fun to read.

I got Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson through the Amazon Vine program. I have never read anything by Sanderson and thought that the first book in a new series sounded like the place to start. 

I also got Teardrop by Lauren Kate through the Amazon Vine program. This book begins a new series for her that is described as epic with heart-stopping romance, devastating secrets and dark magic. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

12 comments:

  1. OOh nice haul! All of these are mostly new to me! Hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Testing and Teardrop sounds really good. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed The Testing when I read it a few weeks back. It was a great and adventurous read.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Testing! Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a lot of good comments about The Testing. Happy reading!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend is obsessed with Sanderson, but I have yet to read a book by him. I was also planning on starting with Steelheart. I hope Teardrop is a good one!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I really want to read The Testing! It looks so cool. And I hope Lauren Kate's new book is good, since I am not a fan of her first series. I only read the first book. I'd like to like them, though! Happy reading! :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Charlie Joe a couple of years ago. Being a MS read, it was obviously a quick read, but so funny! I did a quick review on it on my blog, if you are interested. You can find it here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teardrop sounds great!! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know that Lauren has another book. Her other series, Fallen, is still buried under my TBR pile and I'm not sure when I can get to reading it.

    Happy reading.

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of people have Teardrop on their lists! Can't wait to see what you and others think of it. Great haul, Kathy! Happy reading. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked The Testing! And Steelheart sounds amazing! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!