Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Memes: Slayers: Friends and Traitors by C. J. Hill

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Slayers: Friends and Traitors by C. J. Hill. I got the ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. This is the sequel to Slayers which I reviewed earlier this year. Here is the description of this October 15 release:
In C.J. Hill's action-packed sequel to Slayers, the group of teens known as Slayers have been betrayed—but they won’t give up without a fight.

Tori’s got a problem. She thought she’d have one more summer to train as a dragon Slayer, but time has run out. When Tori hears the horrifying sound of dragon eggs hatching, she knows the Slayers are in trouble. In less than a year, the dragons will be fully grown and completely lethal. The Slayers are well-prepared, but their group is still not complete, and Tori is determined to track down Ryker—the mysterious missing Slayer.

What Tori doesn’t bargain for, however, is the surprising truth about her powers. She isn’t just a Slayer, she’s part Dragon Lord, too. How can Tori fight to save her friends when half of her is programmed toprotect dragons? And with a possible traitor in their midst, the Slayers will be divided in more ways than they ever imagined.
Beginning:
It would be ironic, Brant Overdrake thought as he paced around the cabin of his jet, for a man who could fly to be killed in a plane crash. Life was full of ugly little ironies, though.
Friday 56:
After all, Jesse was not only tall, dark, and handsome; he was smart, responsible, brave...and he was breaking up with her.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like Tori has quite a dilemma! Although this isn't a genre I usually read, these characters sound interesting. I'll give it a try.
    My post today features FLY OR FALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title, I'll admit my mind went straight to the series Buffy, the Vampire Slayer but Dragons and Dragon Lords? Ohhhh this makes my inner geek very happy :D

    My pick for Friday 56 is MetalMagic

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY your book.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tall, dark handsome and breaking up. What a downer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both snippets left me highly curious for more!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!