Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (Oct. 27, 2013)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

Here is what I added to my stack this week.
I got both a print and Kindle copy of Allegiant by Veronica Roth. The print copy was immediately donated to my Middle School/High School Media Center and was checked out as soon as my aide got it into the system. The first reader has already told me he didn't like it as well as Insurgent. As for myself, I still haven't read Insurgent which is also on my Kindle.

I got four review books this week too.
The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson was sent to me by the author. This book was released on September 10 and is described as "Part medical mystery, part survival story, and part Dickensian adventure."

The Rule of Three by Eric Walters was one I asked for from Macmillan. This book will be released on Jan. 21, 2014 and is a post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction story.

Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira was a surprise arrive by my Macmillan contact. This contemporary will be released on April 1, 2014.

Not pictured because it doesn't have a cover yet is Plus One by Elizabeth Fama. I had requested this one from Macmillan. It will be released on April 8, 2014.

I added a couple of books to my professional collection this week too.

What did you add to your stack this week?

22 comments:

  1. Niiice! Lots of Allegiants this week! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Followre :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I can't wait to get Allegiant, my copy is still traveling :(
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul. Happy reading :)

    http://www.amazon.com/Impossibly-Love-ebook/dp/B00G4GCLVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1382791213&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice haul, i can't wait to get allegiant!, i am really excited for it!,

    happy reading!

    http://nenaath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking that I must read the Veronica Roth books...especially since there is a movie coming...right?

    Or is it already here? I must go check.

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fantastic that you donated your print copy of Allegiant to the library and I'm not surprised it was immediately checked out.

    Your Common Core book fills me with dread; I fear the day that that trickles down to infants and toddlers. I am really not a fan of all of this standardization.

    Anyway, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very tempted to donate my copy of Allegiant to my library, but then, I have both the other books, so I will keep my copy for me. I did already order one for my library so it'll have one.
    Check out my STS

    And while you're at my blog, be sure to enter my Fierce Reads Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to Allegiant! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    Shut Up & Read

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my… Allegiant it breaks my heart I can't even tell you.
    hugs
    Ria
    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Allegiant,too. The Rules of Three and Love Letters to the Dead look great. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I'm very excited for Plus One and Love Letters to the Dead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like everyone got Allegiant this week. Hope you enjoy the books you got for review. Thank you for commenting and I hope you enjoy all your books as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems like a lot of people aren't too happy with Allegiant. I haven't gotten to start it yet. I've seen a lot of people got Plus One and it looks super interesting! I hope you love all of your new books!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've just started Allegiant, I hope you get around to reading Insurgent so you can finish the series!

    And Love Letters looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Letters to the Dead sounds/looks like a fantastic book! Hope you enjoy it. I need to start Allegiant soon, but I'm a little scared haha. Great haul!
    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really hope you enjoy Allegiant. I was in the disappointed crowd. I'll look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so excited for Love Letters to the Dead! I hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got Allegiant too. It wasn't what I'd hoped for. Hopefully your students will like it better than I did.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have Allegiant on reserve at the library for whenever they get enough copies to supply demand. I'm looking forward to be able to go on social media again without having to fear spoilers!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!