Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Horde by Ann Aguirre

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from Horde by Ann Aguirre. This is the final book in the Enclave trilogy. Here is the description of the Oct. 29 release:
The epic conclusion to Ann Aguirre's USA Today bestselling trilogy. 

The horde is coming. 


Salvation is surrounded, monsters at the gates, and this time, they're not going away. When Deuce, Fade, Stalker and Tegan set out, the odds are against them. But the odds have been stacked against Deuce from the moment she was born. She might not be a Huntress anymore, but she doesn't run. With her knives in hand and her companions at her side, she will not falter, whether fighting for her life or Fade's love.

Ahead, the battle of a lifetime awaits. Freaks are everywhere, attacking settlements, setting up scouts, perimeters, and patrols. There hasn't been a war like this in centuries, and humans have forgotten how to stand and fight. Unless Deuce can lead them. 

This time, however, more than the fate of a single enclave or outpost hangs in the balance. This time, Deuce carries the banner for the survival of all humanity. 
Teaser:
"What's it like out there?"

"A slaughter." In the moonlight, his scarred face looked pale. "And I swear that there are even more than there were out on the plains."

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series. I just finished the first book, Perdition, in her new series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Teaser! I still have to read the second in the series! Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh creepy! I need to start this series! Have the first book but have yet to crack it open!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A million descriptions in that one word "slaughter."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the second book....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of these and I'm not sure I'd ever read them, but this one sure sounds like a good one for this time of year!
    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!