Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Memes: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner

Happy Friday everybody!!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner. I got this ARC at ALA and was first attracted to the pretty cover. When I found out it was a science fiction romance, I was even more eager to read it.

Here is the description of the Dec. 10 release:
It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they're worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.
Beginning:
Nothing about this room is real. If this were a party at home, the music would draw your eye to human musicians in the corner. Candles and soft lamps would light the room, and the wooden tables would be made of actual trees. People would be listening to each other, instead of checking to see who's watching them.
Friday 56:
Miss LaRoux notices me biting back a response and her expression darkens. But I can see where the holes punched by her earrings are still oozing, and that her nose is swelling up from the blow she got while hot-wiring the escape pod, and that her lips are chapped and raw.

2 comments:

  1. The beginning and 56 are quite different and yet both alluring to a reader.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both the Beginning and the 56 snippets. I'm really looking forward to reading this one.
    Come see my Friday 56
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!