Sunday, December 1, 2013

Stacking the YA Shelves (Dec. 1, 2013)

Tynga of  Team Tynga's Reviews hosts this meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets.

I got four books this week - three for my review stack and one for my TBR mountain.
I was browsing NetGalley's Auto-approved and Read Now sections and chose these two books to add to my review stack.

The Blood Guard by Carter Roy (March 4, 2014) - This middle grade contemporary fantasy sounded good. 

I also picked Burn Bright by Bethany Frenette (Feb. 25, 2014) -- This is another contemporary fantasy and the sequel to Dark Star. Also for middle graders, I was interested in the book because it is set in an area I am familiar with.
Defy by Sara B. Larson (Jan. 7, 2014) is another fantasy though this one is epic fantasy - a genre I really enjoy.

I have heard so many things about Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell that I had to add it to my TBR mountain even though I have no idea when I'll get a chance to read it. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Haven't read any of these! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! I have Defy and Fangirl both, and I look forward to starting them. I heard so many great things. :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Defy as well! I haven't started it yet but it sounded pretty neat. I've been meaning to read Fangirl but for now it's going to have to stay on my TBR mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great haul, haven't read any of them but I've hear a lot about Fangirl. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my STS earlier!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! I am also dying to read Fangirl because of all the amazing things I have heard about it. I hope you enjoy all your reads. My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about fangirl also, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a copy of Defy, can't wait to read it! Hope you enjoy them all! :)

    Check out my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking books. I had Fangirl on by TBR pile, too. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity. Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!